Instructions for installing python packages no longer work.

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Instructions for installing python packages no longer work.

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joshua van Tol
    Participant

The instructions at: http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/mlinux-software-development/python/

No longer work correctly. EZ-Setup is no longer hosted at that location, but even when updating the URI there’s a number of other issues that crop up. It seems that EZ-Setup is no longer supported, and we’re supposed to use get-pip.py, but get-pip fails because it says the it cannot fetch a HTTPS URL because the SSL module isn’t available.

Could someone please update the instructions to match up with the current state of external tools?

Regards,
    Josh

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

Try using this link instead of the other: https://bootstrap.pypa.io/ez_setup.py

Tamas Bondar
    Participant

Josh, did you manage to sort out this Python issue?

I guess, the problem is that Python was compiled without SSL support. Any idea how to resolve this? Basically, I want python pip working.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Joshua,

What version of mLinux are you running?

Jeff

Tamas Bondar
    Participant

Version 3.3.6 has this problem, v3.2.0 was fine.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

There was a change in the version(s) of openssl. In the openssl.inc file under layers/meta-mlinux/recipes-connectivity/openssl there is the following:

# Remove this to enable SSLv3. SSLv3 is defaulted to disabled due to the POODLE
    # vulnerability
    EXTRA_OECONF = ” -no-ssl3″

Comment out the “EXTRA_OECONF = ” -no-ssl3″” line. The old Python 2.3.x doesn’t support SSL unless SSLv3 is available.

This is going to be remedied in the near future as the Yocto version of openembedded is updated.

Jeff

Tamas Bondar
    Participant

Jeff, thanks for your response. So basically, it is not possible to fix it using the current pre-built image. That’s what I was afraid of.

As I’m not sure recompiling it from scratch would worth the hassle, I will just keep using v3.2.0 and wait for the next release, hoping this will be fixed. Any idea when it might come? Hopefully, not another year.

Thanks again!

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Work is still being done to move to the Yocto Morty version of openembedded. That will hopefully wrap up soon and then testing will begin. I can guarantee it won’t be a year. Also, Python will be upgraded to 2.7.11.

Jeff

Bogdan Rusnak
    Participant

Hi Jeff. I’m having the same problem as the original poster. I’m on mLinux Version 3.3.6. I want to try modifying openssl.inc file but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Where exactly is this file located? Also I did a find / -name “openssl.inc” command and nothing was found.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.