How can I program for mdot models that are without programming header?

Home Forums mDot/xDot How can I program for mdot models that are without programming header?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Minh Nguyen
    Participant

Hello,

I know that: to program the mDot with the Developer Kit, I need an mDot model with programming header. I wonder: what about the models without programming header such as MTDOT-915-X1-SMA?
    Is it possible to program them?

And, if I cannot program a mDot, what can I do for development?

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Minh Nguyen.
    Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Did you ever get an answer to this question? It’s just that I’ve also approached the stage in my product development where I’ll soon need to be get the mDot 50 pack with uFl connectors, but they don’t have programming headers (which is obviously done for being flat and compact). Due to this, I’m also now wondering what techniques are used to program them. All I can think of so far is using the “bus” like cable supplied in the starter kit (for programming mDot Box), sticking in male-male pins, and holding them in place by hand while the mDot programs itself.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Hi Mark,

If you require the ability to program in system, your target board should route the programming pins to a header that you can access for programming. If you wish to load a custom application on the mDot but do not need to program in system, you can have Multitech setup a special SKU for you with your application programmed at the factory.

Kind regards,
    Leon

Mark Makarychev
    Participant

Thanks for the answer!
    I was mainly interested in getting my application to the mDot, not so much about programming a custom firmware version.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.