French Characters Troubles

Home Forums iSMS French Characters Troubles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian EARTH
    Participant

Hi everybody,

sorry for my English !!

I have troubles to send SMS (Carrier SFR France) with accentuated characters, like eacute, c cedilla ecirc euro sign …

If i check extended ascii, most of the phones can’t receive the characters .. The iphone for example receive nothing, some nokia : can’t open msg, motorola : empty …

If I unchek that’s much better but i don’t have all chars !!!

(this is for sending).

In reception, when enabling extended most of the messages are received coded (seems to be hexa … ).

I’m checking the trouble with Jeff from the support but may be some of you have solutions ;o)

Coding is Iso-8859-1 but on some blogs they speak about 8859-15 or utf8 possibility …

I’ve send using the SF100 menu or the Http Api.

So if someone has an idea, you’re welcome !!!

(by the way how do we use the spanned sms parameters that it is question in the sendmsg proc).

In French : Bonjour, je rencontre des prb pour envoyer mes SMS via SFR, et ce lorsque je tente d’utiliser des caracteres style cedille accent circonflexe, euro etc … 8859-1 extended n’est pas recu par la plupart des tel …

Si qq a une idee !!

Merci.

Thanks,

Yours

Brian

Bryan Tran

Hi Brian,

1. You need to upgrade your isms device to 1.4x. Then go to SMS service -> SMS Settings -> Unicode Configuration -> Put a check mark on option ‘Unicode’ -> Click on Save button.

2. If you send a long message &text=”..your..message..here” in the sendmsg command. The isms device will break the message into 3 parts:

– (1of3) + ..your..message..here = 160 characters.

– (2of3) + ..your..message..here = 160 characters.

– (3of3) + ..your..message..here = 160 characters.

Total = 480 characters.

Note: The header (1of3) = 6 characters.

Your message = 154 characters.

Total for the first part will be = 160 characters.

Same for the 2 and 3rd part.

If you send message through web interface, it will only allowing you to have up to 462 characters only. This is because the header (1of3) took 6 bytes. And it has 3 headers. That 18 bytes. So the max is 462.

Regards,

BT

Brian EARTH
    Participant

Thanks Bryan,

we were trying the Beta version and it seems to work finely. I’ll keep you informed when the tests will be completed ;o)

Brian EARTH
    Participant

Hi !

For the moment the accents seem to work finely.

The Span option is auto working but i think it could be nice that we could have the possibility to setup if we would want to have the message 1of2 and 2of2 included or not in the messages. For example on my Iphone it is not usefull to have that message and I think that it’s more humanly readable that the sentence is not cut by that !

(I have a pb with the buffering outgoing message but I ll add my question in an other post !)

Thanks

Brian

Steve Tuckner
    Participant

It would be better if we implemented TRUE spanned SMS so that the phone could just reassemble the message without the need for 1 of 2 or 2 of 2. That is a future possibility.

Brian EARTH
    Participant

Great :o)

Job for the Guru’s :o)

Thanks

Brian EARTH
    Participant

Just to close the topic, as the 1.44 is on line and if working fine. Just get troubles with the € (Euro) char. But it’s not really important ! (we can put E !!).

Thanks to the team.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.