Feature request and TCP API

Home Forums iSMS Feature request and TCP API

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gustavo Santos
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to reboot the ISMS server via api command? We have build a very good application with the API and we are able to detect if there´s a problem if the server take to long to answer the query status api. And most times this happens we have to reboot the iSMS.

So we would like to request a API command to reboot the server.

Another question is if the TCP API is more reliable and less isms server side resource hangry than the HTTP api?

Bryon Davis

Hi Gustavo,
    There isn’t a way to reboot the iSMS through the API. You can reboot it using telnet though. If you telnet to port 2222, login with admin username and password, and enter the command “reboot” (without the quotes) it will reboot the iSMS.

I will add a feature request for rebooting the iSMS with an API command.

Regards,
    Bryon

Gustavo Santos
    Participant

I´m having some problems with the lastest beta software.
    After some time, the http services api get slow and stop answering querys . Is the TCP API More reliable or the lastast beta version have some http slowdown bug?

Bryon Davis

Hi Gustavo,
    What model and firmware version are you using?

How long does it take to starting slowing down and stopping?

I haven’t seen this problem yet. You can try TCP, but I believe they are equally reliable. It sounds like your iSMS may be running out of resources over time. If you create a support case in the support.multitech.com portal, we can troubleshooting this better.

A possible work around until this gets resolved is to use the auto reboot Timer feature in the Administration->System Setup menu.

Regards,
    Bryon

Gustavo Santos
    Participant

Thanks! i´m going to open a support ticket. we are using the lastest.
    Version 1.51.25

The problem is that it´s running out of resource without during the send process.

We have 8 ISMS servers and the time that happens with the 1.51.25 varies from 10 minutos after sending process start, to a couple hours to no problem at all. 2 never had problem with this version but other 6 have this random behaviour. The version I was using before was the 1.51.14 and we had a lot less problems like that.

Bryon Davis

Hi Gustavo,
    We discovered a potential problem which you may be seeing.

If multiple connections are made to a port between 5000-5007, it will cause multiple modem processes to spawn when the connections close, which will conflict with each other. This can happen if there is something doing port scans on the network.

This can also happen if you are accessing the modems directly though ports 5000-5007, and make multiple connections to the same modem.

You can prevent this problem by disabling the “TCP Connection” option in the Cellular Modem menu for each modem, this can be found in the Network section.

Regards,
    Bryon

Gustavo Santos
    Participant

Thanks!

Our ISMS servers are behind a firewall but with public ip addresses. I will block access to those ports via firewall.

fleure fleure
    Participant

j’ai un probléme d’envoie de sms via socket TCP. je recois toujours une erreur 609. Merci de m’aider à régler ce probléme.
    I have a problem with sending SMS via TCP socket. I always get an error 609.
    Thank you for helping me to solve this problem.

fleure fleure
    Participant

I have a problem with sending SMS via TCP socket. I always get an error 609.
    Thank you for helping me to solve this problem.

Bryon Davis

Hi fleure,
    Based on your other post, it appears that you have a %20 (space) between the / and sendmsg which shouldn’t be there.

Try your API request without this space:

/sendmsg?user=admin&passwd=mdp&cat=1&enc=1&priority=3&modem=0&to=%22xxxxxxxx%22&text=Hellow.

Regards,
    Bryon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.