dot->getRssiStats().last always returns same value

Home Forums mDot/xDot dot->getRssiStats().last always returns same value

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Mitevski
    Participant

I’m trying to use the getRssiStats() function to get the structure containing the rssi data. but after two times I always get the same value even if I change distance to gateway. How do I use the function correctly?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Are you receiving a packet from the gateway?
    What are the values being returned?

Adrian Mitevski
    Participant

no I’m just using the dot->send() method. Do I need to use the recv() also?

Values that are returned are plausible rssi values for example -45. But as I said after two times using the function the value doesn’t change anymore.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The network server will not send a downlink unless you have ACK’s enabled. recv() is not necessary but can be used if you are expecting downlink data from the network server.

The rssi value is a property of the packet received by the dot. There will be no value until after a downlink.

Adrian Mitevski
    Participant

thanks a lot. that was exactly the problem.I’ve set Acknowledge retries to 0.

other question: when using getSnrStats() I always end up in a hard_fault(). Is there also something special to keep in mind when using this function?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

I haven’t run into that issue. Could you provide a code sample?

An example can be found in the mDot AT Firmware application on mbed
    https://developer.mbed.org/teams/MultiTech/code/mDot_AT_firmware/file/6a12bf1f6723/CommandTerminal/CmdSnr.cpp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.