Delay with sending multiple packets?

Home Forums mDot/xDot Delay with sending multiple packets?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam Brandes
    Participant

So when using the at+send command, there’s a delay of about 2-3 seconds before I can send another packet.

If I turn off the TXWait, it returns OK instantly, but the I still can’t send any packets until that 2 seconds is up. Will say transmit is in progress.

Is there anyway to reduce this delay? The application I’m running needs to send about 5 packets in succession within a second.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Adam,

Is your Dot US915, AU915, or EU868?

If it’s EU868, there are duty cycle restrictions that limit how often channels can be used. After a channel is used to transmit, it is disabled based on how long it was on air and what duty cycle applies to it. When all channels are disabled, the Dot can’t transmit.

Cheers,

Mike

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The AT Firmware does not have command to cancel the rx windows.
    https://developer.mbed.org/teams/MultiTech/code/Dot-AT-Firmware/

5 packets in one second may not be possible depending on datarate and payload size of course.
    DR0 with 11 bytes of payload will be on air 400 ms.
    DR3 with 242 bytes of payload will be on air 399 ms.
    DR4 at max payload 242 bytes will use 176 ms time on air.

Canceling the rx windows is not suggested in LoRaWAN as this cuts off the network server from sending downlink commands. Class A functionality
    is expected of all devices.

The AT Firmware can be modified to cancel the windows either by modifying the AT+SEND command or add a custom command.

The library does have the functionality in this function:
    void cancelRxWindow();

https://developer.mbed.org/teams/MultiTech/code/libmDot-mbed5/file/610f9e955516/mDot.h

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.