Defining the TX channels for Mdot

Home Forums mDot/xDot Defining the TX channels for Mdot

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    suraj
    Participant

Hi,

I am working on Mdot of EU868 band. Mdot when joined with Conduit some additional channels are added beside the default tx channels
    I need to restrict the channels to be used by Mdot for transmitting and receiving the data to some selected 6 or 7 channels. I have tried to add or modify the channels through “AT+TXCH” command and also saved the configuration in flash. But when i reset my device, channels get disappeared when called “AT+TXCH”.
    How to validate that the device is using only the selected channels?

Same in case of conduit how to restrict to the selected channels?

Anyone who know how to implement this can help me out.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by suraj.
    Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Suraj,

In EU868, the extra channels to use (besides the 3 default join channels) are sent down to the endpoint in the join accept message. Our gateways support choosing a center frequency for the extra 5 channels.

Cheers,
    Mike

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

AT+TXCH will modify the channels in the session.
    You can save the session with AT+SS and restore with AT+RS after reset.
    Uplink and downlink counters are also saved with the session.

suraj
    Participant

Dear Mike and Jason,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Suppose, i want Mdot to transmit at channel 865.2, 865.5, 865.8, 866.10, 866.40 only and receive window at frequency 866.70 or 867 only. How would i configure this ?

Can you provide insight on AT+CHM channel mask command for different possible parameter option? AT command guide has less info about this

Are the default 3 channels editable or they are always used?

By adding the above channels in the conduit,the added channels are sent down to endpoint in the join accept message.

So,for every session, we need to configure required channel and use save and restore options for every reset operation.

Thanks,
    Suraj

suraj
    Participant

Hi,

Any one can help me out for above questions?

Thanks

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

— Suppose, i want Mdot to transmit at channel 865.2, 865.5, 865.8, 866.10, 866.40 only and receive window at frequency 866.70 or 867 only. How would i configure this ?

Changing RX would require a custom channel plan on mDot and Network Server side. There is not loraWAN defined plan to accomodate this.

Default channels cannot be changed. They can be disabled using AT+CHM

Setting AT+CHM mask will change the output from AT+TXCH which shows the enabled channels.
    This will enable the 3-7 and disable 0-2
    AT+CHM=0,0F80

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.