Corrupted Node on the conduit

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Corrupted Node on the conduit

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dibya mohanty
    Participant

Hi,

How can i install nodejs and npm on the conduit again. Somehow i corrupted npm. Now when i try to do a npm install it tells me – command not found. But i still have node with a version of v0.10.40.

I tried to reinstall it using some repose for armv5 but no success. Any help is deeply appreciated.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Dibya,

You can re-flash the Conduit firmware by downloading the firmware files here:

http://www.multitech.net/developer/downloads/

And re-flashing the firmware following the instructions here:

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/using-mlinux/flashing-mlinux-firmware-for-conduit/

You should save off any work that you want to keep as this will wipe out anything you have added.

Jeff

dibya mohanty
    Participant

cant i just install npm somehow ?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

You can get the IPK for npm off of our package feed at (assuming you are running 3.2.0 mlinux):

http://www.multitech.net/mlinux/feeds/3.2/arm926ejste/

The one for npm is called:

nodejs-npm_0.10.44-r1.3.0_arm926ejste.ipk

On Conduit the opkg utility is available to install the ipk.

Jeff

dibya mohanty
    Participant

I am running 3.1.0 mlinux. I used the link provided by you to go to the page –

http://www.multitech.net/mlinux/feeds/3.1/arm926ejste/

But i don’t find the corresponding nodejs-npm for 3.1.0. Is it named something else? Here are the existing nodejs packages for 3.1.0-

nodejs-dbg_0.8.28-r0.0_arm926ejste.ipk
    nodejs-dev_0.8.28-r0.0_arm926ejste.ipk
    nodejs-doc_0.8.28-r0.0_arm926ejste.ipk
    nodejs_0.8.28-r0.0_arm926ejste.ipk

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

At some point the distribution of npm was contained in the nodejs package, and then the nodejs people moved it out separate for some reason. I think that npm is probably in the nodejs_0.8.28-r0.0_arm926ejste.ipk, but I don’t know for sure. I extracted this IPK with ar and it appears that the npm utility is in this package.

Jeff

dibya mohanty
    Participant

It’s getting more complicated. Since I already had v0.10.40 it does not downgrade it to 0.8.28. There is an option of force downgrade in opkg utility. So I did a force downgrade. Now I don’t have node as well as npm. If I do a node – v and npm -v I get a command not found. And ideas?

dibya mohanty
    Participant

Unable to fix the node issue, i decided to re-flash the conduit. I used a pre-built image and used the 2 files as mentioned in the Detailed Steps. Now after re-flashing the conduit doesnt take the default 192.168.2.1 IP. Cannot login or even ssh into it.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Dibya,

Does the Conduit boot all the way to the login prompt on the debug console? I assume that you are trying to use the default credentials: root/root?

Jeff

dibya mohanty
    Participant

How do i get to the debug console? I was trying to go to the address 192.168.2.1 on the browser or ssh using root. Do I have to unscrew the front panel for the debug USB port ?

dibya mohanty
    Participant

Ok. I got how to get to the debug interface. I follow this oage – http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/conduit/connecting-to-the-debug-interface/

So i use Tera Term and use a baud rate of 115200. I get a Black screen with a cursor blinking

dibya mohanty
    Participant

Yes, on the boot console the conduit boots to login and I can login using root/root

dibya mohanty
    Participant

i can ssh into the conduit now but still cannot access the login page 192.168.2.1 from the browser. Am i missing something?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Dibya,

I think you had an AEP model Conduit and not an mLinux model Conduit. This thread is on the mLinux forum so I guess I assumed you were using the mLinux model. You have flashed the mLinux firmware and not the AEP firmware. Please file a support portal case at https://support.multitech.com and someone can get you the rootfs and uImage files for AEP 1.3.2.

Sorry about that.

Jeff

dibya mohanty
    Participant

Are you sure? Before reflashing I had used the following command – $cat /etc/mLinux-version and that had returned 3.1.0. Is that also the case in an AEP model conduit?

Bryan Tran

Hi dibya mohanty,

If you did not do any conversion from AEP to mLinux or vice versa in the past. You can find:

a. The model number of the unit on the label at the bottom of the unit. If you have something liked: MTCDT-yyyy-210x (x is either an A or L)

210A: AEP

210L: mLinux

b. Issue the command: mts-io-sysfs show product-id

c. Or you can reboot the unit and look at the boot up messages (Product-id), it will tell you.

Thanks,

BT

dibya mohanty
    Participant

Hi Bryan,
    Thanks for the info. Yes, the model number is 210A so I have a AEP model conduit. So i have a MTCDT-H5-210A

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

To get back to running AEP I think that the easiest way would be to create a support portal case at multitech.net and then we can provide you with the jffs2 and uImage.bin files to flash the AEP firmware. There are other ways, but that would be the most straight forward way to get the files you need to flash from u-boot.

Sorry about the misunderstanding,

Jeff

dibya mohanty
    Participant

Thanks a lot. Was able to flash it with AEP again with the help of the support guys. All up and running now 🙂

dibya mohanty
    Participant

Problem again. After flashing the gateway to the firmware 1.3.2, I set up the LORA network server with the same EUI and Key as before. But somehow the RN2483 boards give me an error JOIN denied when i do a mac join OTAA.
    I set the appeui and appkey on the RN2483 boards by using the mac set commands. Then i do a mac save as usual. Has the connection mechanism changed with the firmware upgrade or am i missing something?

Bryan Tran

Hi dibya,

Would you please web into the unit and go to Setup -> Lora network server -> channel plan -> Check to make sure it set to EU868.

Thanks,

BT

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.