corecdp sdk in CentOS5

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG corecdp sdk in CentOS5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    carlos arilla
    Participant

Is the sdk compatible with CentOS5? In your prerequisites page, there are only instructions for Fedora, Ubunta and Suse…

I’ve found troubles, like no python 2.5 available (not easily)

I,ve tried to search in the openembedded project wiki, but it seems to be stucked in Centos/RH 4. No info about v5.

Can you give me some advice?

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Python 2.5 or greater is required due to the newer version of bitbake being used (which is much faster than the older version). If you can upgrade to python 2.5, it may very well work, but we haven’t tested building CoreCDP with CentOS 5.

Unfortunately, the OpenEmbedded wiki page is rather out of date.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

I was able to build the corecdp-base-image using CentOS 5.6 and the EPEL repository with python 2.6.

See http://www.multitech.net/developer/forums/topic.php?id=87#post-269 for more information.

carlos arilla
    Participant

I read something about some problems in CentOS5 after upgrading python. Have you notice something wrong? Have you done anything special in order to install python 26 from epel repository (just yum install python26?).

Thanks for your advances in CentOS

carlos arilla
    Participant

Managed to compile the corecdp-base-image in CentOS 5.5.

I tried to compile the corecdp-full-image and I get some errors:

ERROR: Build of /root/downloads/cdp/corecdp-1.1.1/openembedded/recipes/jamvm/jamvm-initial_1.4.5.bb do_configure failed

ERROR: Task 2609 (/root/downloads/cdp/corecdp-1.1.1/openembedded/recipes/jamvm/jamvm-initial_1.4.5.bb, do_configure) failed with 256

(…)

checking for ffi_call in -lffi… no

| configure: error: cannot find libffi

| FATAL: oe_runconf failed

| ERROR: Function do_configure failed

Any idea of what to do?

Thanks in advance

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Yes, upgrading the default python (/usr/bin/python) in CentOS/RHEL is bad and will cause problems I believe. But installing python 2.6 from EPEL doesn’t touch the default python and installs it separately as python26 so it doesn’t break anything with existing python scripts.

Glad you were able to build the base image. jamvm is the Java VM that runs on the CDP, if you don’t need it, then you don’t need to run Java, then I wouldn’t bother building it, it will only make your image larger and take longer to build.

If you do need it, it looks like you are missing the libffi library on your CentOS system, which is needed to build the native (runs on your workstation) version of jamvm. Hopefully you can find a package with yum that provides libffi and try again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.