Configuring Conduit AEP to use computers internet connection.

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Configuring Conduit AEP to use computers internet connection.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom Hill
    Participant

Is there a way to configure the conduit to use the internet connection of my windows 10 laptop to which currently the conduit is connected via the ethernet port and not use the cellular network for the internet connection?

If this has been answered previously can you please point me to the instructions to do this,as we want to be able to install packages via the opkg tool on the conduit and not blow up the cellular data plan which is very limited.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

You can disable the cellular connection by deselecting the “Enabled” check.

On your windows 10 machine you’d have to bridge your WAN connection to your ethernet port, then set a static ip address, gateway and dns as appropriately on the Conduit under setup then network interfaces.

For bridging connections on a Windows 10 computer, take a look at this guide: http://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-manage-network-bridge-connection-windows-10

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Peter,

I have not been able to get this to work. What should I choose for the settings for the LAN setup when I create a bridge of the two network connections. No matter what I tried, the conduit settings for LAN and WAN it seems like the conduit is not connected to the internet. In my last attempt, I can’t seem to login to via the admin screen either now. I am only able to SSH via the USB cable in the back panel.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.