Change IP Address without using Dashboard

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Change IP Address without using Dashboard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Mitevski
    Participant

Is it possible to change conduits static ip without using the dashboard?

Lets say I have given the conduit an IP Address which I can’t access in my private network and I want to change the IP Address to something like 192.168.1.100 without using the dashboard or reseting the conduit.

Is this somehow possible?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Adrian,

I’m assuming that you don’t have a WAN interface enabled that you can access either via HTTP/HTTPS or SSH. If that is the case the only other way to access it is if you have physical access to the debug console. You can log in there and issue API commands to localhost port 80, or you can change the IP by editing the /var/config/db.json and either rebooting or restarting lighttpd.

Jeff

Adrian Mitevski
    Participant

Jeff,

I’ve found out that I can connect the Conduit via USB-Debug Interfaces with my computer.

Then I have to login via Putty. After that I need to go to the folder etc/networks and edit the file interfaces. Inside this file I can specify the Ip-Address the Netmask and the Standardgateway of the conduit.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Adrian,

The /etc/network/interfaces file settings will get overridden by the API process on boot. The information in the interfaces file will get applied early in the boot process, but when the API starts it will override those settings with what is in the /var/config/db.json.

You can use the “if” commands or ifconfig to bring the interface down and then back up to apply the interfaces settings. If you want the device to apply the settings in the /etc/network/interfaces file you should log into the Web UI once you have access and update the eth0 settings to what you want them to be.

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.