Can't set the application port to run LoRaWAN certification tests

Home Forums mDot/xDot Can't set the application port to run LoRaWAN certification tests

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kkhylchuk
    Participant

Hi,

I posted this question on StackOverflow but did not get the answer, so posting it here.

I’m trying to run LoRaWAN 1.0.4 certification tests on my mDot using LCTT Pre-testing Tool.

I use the latest Dot-AT-Firmware and libmDot v4.0.1.

Looking at the source code (line 918), I added MTS_RADIO_DEBUG_COMMANDS and enabled test mode using AT+TM! 1 command.

The first test that the LCTT tool executes is the Activation Pre-test. Everything goes well up until the last step. When the end device sends DutVersionsAns, I see the following message:

Packet received from unexpected FPort 01

After a few retries, I get another message and the test fails:

Attempts consumed in sending or receiving a Frame Command

According to the LoRaWAN 1.0.4 End Device Certification Requirement v1.1 document, the End Device must send DutVersionsAns on port 224. Looking at the source code again, I see that the application port is indeed set to 224 at line 1409. But when I check the result of setAppPort(), it returns -1. If i call getAppPort() right after that, I get port = 1.

Now, checking the description for setAppPort:

Set the device port to be used for lora application data (1-223)

it looks like setting the application port to 224 is illegal…

So, am I doing this wrong? Do I need to do anything else, besides adding MTS_RADIO_DEBUG_COMMANDS, to make it work?

Thanks.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

AT Firmware v4.1.2 should pass the latest LCTT tests, at least it did when it was released. v4.0.1 did pass the tests when it was released but the LCTT has since changed, perhaps it was 3.0.0-R1 for LCTT.

https://os.mbed.com/teams/MultiTech/code/Dot-AT-Firmware//file/3b696c2b1e4b/CommandTerminal/CommandTerminal.cpp/

See handleTestModePacket for details of the test mode implementation.

kkhylchuk
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, Jason.

In handleTestModePacket (line 1409) there is a call to setAppPort:

CommandTerminal::Dot()->setAppPort(224);

which does not work (returns -1).

The description for setAppPort says that the valid port value is 1-223. Do I need to do anything else to make it set the port to 224?

Thanks.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

libmDot v4.0.1 did not allow the port to be set using setAppPort.

The AT firmware v4.0.5 release uses a v4.0.5 libmDot, it looks like this version did not make it to the release repo.

Here is the commit on the dev repo.
    https://github.com/MultiTechSystems/libmDot-dev/commit/f150bb9d4eafe3e0be73c8348a34aeaf4379a9d3

kkhylchuk
    Participant

It worked. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.