Building CoreCDP from master fails on eglibc

Home Forums General Building CoreCDP from master fails on eglibc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Good
    Participant

Hi All.

I have cloned the git repo and updated master to latest, and cannot get corecdp-base-image to build. I didn’t start clean, but rather updated from a previous git clone of 2.2.2 or maybe 2.0.2.

Right now, the error I get is:
    | configure: error: compiler support for __thread is required
    NOTE: package eglibc-initial-2.12-r22.8.corecdp1+svnr12323: task do_configure: Failed

So, is there a way to do a bitbake force clean to make sure that starting fresh, or should I just delete the entire repo and re-clone?

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

If you don’t want to re-clone, you can wipe out the build/tmp dir which is where bitbake puts literally everything it builds and uses.

At the top of your dir:
    rm -rf build/tmp

Jesse

David Good
    Participant

Thanks! I was trying very hard to get bitbake to do this exact thing 🙂 They probably didn’t bother knowing that it was so easy from the command line.

About the larger issue of getting a clean compile… I ran into more errors (checksum of patch-2.6.35.14.bz2 could not be verified). After trying to fix that for awhile, I decided to do a fresh git clone and start over.

This brings me to a new question: How do you update the various layers under corecdp? git pull does some things, but in my case, bitbake corecdp-base-image was trying to bake linux-2.6.35, but when doing it from a fresh clone, linux-2.6.39 was built. In regular Angstrom, they have a script oebb.sh which will look for sources/layers.txt and then update everything it finds in that file.

Thanks again!

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

The layers are set up as git submodules, so to update things after updating the main repo:

git submodule sync (only needed if submodule URIs have changed)
    git submodule update

If you run into file download/checksum issues, I recommend grabbing the release tarball which includes the pre-downloaded sources dir. You could also copy a sources dir from a previous build into a separate area and create a soft link to it. This gives you one source download dir to share between multiple build dirs.

David Good
    Participant

Ok. The base-image has now finished building with no issues. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.