bitbake corecdp-base-image fail: guile-native_1.8.7.bb

Home Forums General bitbake corecdp-base-image fail: guile-native_1.8.7.bb

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Good
    Participant

I downloaded the latest tarball (2.2.2) and am trying to get the base image to compile. It fails on guile-native-1.8.7-r1.

I tried to fix it by applying the latest 4 patches from http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded/log/?qt=grep&q=guile which seem to bring the guile bb recipes up to date. This had no effect that I could discern.

My dev machine is Debian Squeeze in a VM under Virtualbox.

The exact output is:

/home/engin/dev/multitech/corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/guile-native-1.8.7-r1/guile-1.8.7/libguile/.libs/lt-guile: error while loading shared libraries: libguile.so.17: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I manually checked and libguile.so.17 is there as a symlink to libguile.so.17.3.1 in the following directory:

/home/engin/dev/multitech/corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/guile-native-1.8.7-r1/guile-1.8.7/libguile/.libs/

Any ideas or patches coming?

Thanks!

David Good
    Participant

I managed to get it to finish compiling by copying a symlink to a temporary shared lib by doing this:

cp /home/engin/dev/multitech/corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/guile-native-1.8.7-r1/guile-1.8.7/libguile/.libs/libguile.so.17 home/engin/dev/multitech/corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/

The problem is with this line:

cat alist.doc arbiters.doc async.doc backtrace.doc boolean.doc chars.doc continuations.doc debug.doc deprecation.doc deprecated.doc discouraged.doc dynl.doc dynwind.doc environments.doc eq.doc error.doc eval.doc evalext.doc extensions.doc feature.doc fluids.doc fports.doc futures.doc gc.doc goops.doc gsubr.doc gc-mark.doc gc-segment.doc gc-malloc.doc gc-card.doc guardians.doc hash.doc hashtab.doc hooks.doc i18n.doc init.doc ioext.doc keywords.doc lang.doc list.doc load.doc macros.doc mallocs.doc modules.doc numbers.doc objects.doc objprop.doc options.doc pairs.doc ports.doc print.doc procprop.doc procs.doc properties.doc random.doc rdelim.doc read.doc root.doc rw.doc scmsigs.doc script.doc simpos.doc smob.doc sort.doc srcprop.doc stackchk.doc stacks.doc stime.doc strings.doc srfi-4.doc srfi-13.doc srfi-14.doc strorder.doc strports.doc struct.doc symbols.doc threads.doc throw.doc values.doc variable.doc vectors.doc version.doc vports.doc weaks.doc ramap.doc unif.doc dynl.doc filesys.doc posix.doc net_db.doc socket.doc regex-posix.doc | GUILE="/home/engin/dev/multitech/corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/guile-native-1.8.7-r1/guile-1.8.7/pre-inst-guile-env" ../scripts/snarf-check-and-output-texi          > guile-procedures.texi || { rm guile-procedures.texi; false; }

Evoked from:

corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/guile-native-1.8.7-r1/guile-1.8.7/libguile/Makefile

Doing a ldd on the complaining program revealed the problem:

ldd /home/engin/dev/multitech/corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/guile-native-1.8.7-r1/guile-1.8.7/libguile/.libs/lt-guile
    linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb7770000)
    libguile.so.17 => not found
    libgmp.so.10 => /home/engin/dev/multitech/corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/libgmp.so.10 (0xb76ed000)
    libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libcrypt.so.1 (0xb76bb000)
    libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0xb7695000)
    libltdl.so.7 => /home/engin/dev/multitech/corecdp-2.2.2/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/libltdl.so.7 (0xb768b000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2 (0xb7687000)
    libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb766d000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7510000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7771000)

lt-guile couldn’t find libguile.so.17 when it needed it before it was installed in the tree. I was afraid to start messing with ldconfig for fear of doing something really wrong, so I symlinked the library as above.

I have no idea how to fix it or patch it permanently, but hopefully this helps someone else get over this situation.

Bryan Tran

Hi David,

What version of your Debian ? If you are not at 6.0, then pls try this version. This version tested here and known to work.

Regards,

BT

David Good
    Participant

Hi Bryan,

I’m using Debian Squeeze (6.0).

This is not really a Openembedded issue per se, but one with guile 1.8.7. I found this on the Fedora mailing list, and similar things on Suse.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-list/2009-November/msg01533.html

It is a CoreCDP issue in that guile 1.8.7 will not always compile on a fresh system.

I’d be interested to know if you run into any issues on a fresh Debian 6.0 install following the instructions on the website vs one which has built guile before.

–David

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

David,
    I believe the problem is that your machine doesn’t have guile-1.8 installed. The lt-guile application is looking for libguil.so.17 in your /usr/lib/ directory or in your build tree (your-corecdp-dir/build/tmp/sysroots/your-native-platform/…) and can’t find it in either location. If this is the case, installing guile-1.8 should resolve the issue. You can install guile-1.8 with the command:

sudo apt-get install guile-1.8

I spun up a Debian 6.0.8 VM and built CoreCDP with no issues, but that machine had guile-1.8 installed by default. When testing on Debian 7, I ran into the same issue you’ve seen and discovered it was because the machine had a newer version of guile (2.0) installed by default and the shared object files were named differently. After I installed guile-1.8, the build completed successfully.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Mike

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Also, I’ll make sure to get giule-1.8 added to our list of dependencies for CoreCDP so that this issue can be avoided in the future!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.