APIs for C/C++ application server

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model APIs for C/C++ application server

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jane Yang
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to MultiTech Conduit and trying to figure out how to create an application server in C/C++ on mLinux. This application server will setup LoRA network server, subscribe/collect data, setup mDot and interact with mDot (like using AT commands) and also execute MQTT commands. Does MultiTech provide C/C++ libraries and APIs for these purpose ?

Thanks,

Jane Yang

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Jane,

The mLinux environment is a pretty wide open development environment. In your base distribution you can find what libraries are available by default in /lib and /usr/lib on the mLinux Conduit. Additional libraries and other supporting software can be added by creating the packages for them by running bitbake on the desired recipe.

One place to read up on to get started would be:
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/mlinux-software-development/

When doing application development you can either use the C/C++ tool chain mentioned here:
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/mlinux-software-development/mlinux-c-toolchain/

or build the entire mLinux distribution, add your own bitbake recipe to your copy of the distribution and build your application using that bitbake recipe.

For example, if you need to add libmosquitto, you can build the mLinux distribution following these instructions:

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/mlinux-building-images/building-a-custom-linux-image/

and then build mosquitto with the following bitbake command:

bitbake mosquitto

Let us know of any other supporting packages you need, and we can help you get what is reasonably possible to integrate built and installed on your mLinux.

Jeff

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jeff Hatch.
    Jane Yang
    Participant

Jeff,

Thank you for the quick responses. However, you did not answer my questions.

All the stuffs you have are “commands” which can be used in scripting like node.js. To use these commands in C/C++, we will need to parse the command output in order to get the information.

I am asking for APIs and libraries for C/C++ programming.

Jane Yang

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Jane,

I gave you references to information on how to build libraries and your application for mLinux. I pointed out how you could build the libmosquitto package to install on your mLinux as an example and also so that you can build your application against it. I do not know what every package you need is. I mentioned nothing about node.js, though you can build the package for node and install that for use on an mLinux Conduit also if need be.

Jeff

Jane Yang
    Participant

Jeff,

Finally I received a Conduit. I am trying to install C/C++ toolchain using the URL in your response, but the curl command failed at 30% because it ran out of memory:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    30 397M 30 119M 0 0 449k 0 0:15:04 0:04:32 0:10:32 461k
    curl: (23) Failed writing body (11384 != 16384)

Help please.

Jane

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Jane,

Are you downloading the tool chain onto the Conduit? If so, that will not work. You should be able to use Ubuntu 14.04 to run the tool chain. Download the tool chain to Linux PC and build your binaries there. Then you can scp them onto the Conduit.

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.