ADR

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Clemmer
    Participant

Could you provide more details on configuring ADR on the Conduit?

I saw mention of an ADR setting (Lora advanced page) and an ADRStep setting (release notes)?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

On the Conduit in lora-network-server version 1.0.8 and above the ADRStep setting will allow configuration of the sensitivity of the ADR algorithm. The default setting of 30 cB will allow 3dB per spreading factor setting determined by the received SNR of the last set of packets. The minimum setting is 25 cB (2.5 dB) which is the theoretical difference in link budget between each spreading factor.
    Increasing the ADRStep above 30 will require a greater signal quality to reach the highest datarate.

The configuration setting should be:

"lora": {
        "ADRStep": 30 /* Step in cB between SNR based datarate assignment for ADR */

Jeff Clemmer
    Participant

Thanks. Looking at the log I noticed this:

20:8:41:956|DEBUG| ADR rxDR : 0 stDR : 4 avgSnr: -26 pwr: 30
    20:8:41:956|TRACE| Send ADR command
    20:8:41:957|DEBUG| ADR update command: DR4 PWR: 30
    20:8:41:957|DEBUG| DR grp: 3 mask: 00ff
    20:8:41:957|DEBUG| ADR txpower: 30 index: 0
    20:8:41:958|DEBUG| ADR node 02:00:00:02 setting DR4

I don’t have ADRStep specified in my config, so it should be at the default of 30. Since the average SNR is negative, why is it asking the node to jump from DR0 to DR4? This just causes our node to jump to DR4, and then have to drop down to get through.

Do you have more information on how ADRStep is used – understanding that each step is 3dB, but is it just a table – if avgSNR is between 0dB and 3dB it is DR4, -3dB and 0 it is DR3, etc…? If what is the initial point it starts at and bases the subsequent steps off of?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.