ADR, adrAckCounter, and txPower

Home Forums Lora Network Server ADR, adrAckCounter, and txPower

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by EG.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EG
    Participant

I have a node running the 1.0.2 lora stack (AS923 Japan region) and a Japan MTCDT running 5.2.5.

ADR works as expected, except for one case I don’t understand.

When the node boots up, it slowly changes data rate and txPower to max DR (5) and min txPower (7). It cannot reach the gateway at txPower 7 (unrelated issues), so the adrAckCounter kicks in. After 64 unacked packets, the stack keeps the data rate the same but raises the node txPower to the max (0). This is all as expected.

What I don’t understand is why the network server doesn’t start to decrease the power at this point, as it does at startup. It gets stuck at max txPower.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

What is difference in received RSSI at the gateway between reduced power and max power transmissions?

The only indicator to the network that tx power has changed is the RSSI/SNR.

EG
    Participant

I’ll have to try this when I am next in the same location with this node and gateway, but would you expect the network server to perform full ADR processing based on SNR/RSSI at this point? In other words, if it’s at highest power (0) and DR (5), would you expect it to ask the node to lower its power if the SNR/RSSI are good enough?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.