Adding a new Device through mLinux

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Adding a new Device through mLinux

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    drduram@gmail.com
    Participant

Hello,

Not sure if this is the place for this question, but I am trying to add a LoRa device (ABP) using ssh commands through mLinux. I am currently using the examples provided in:

https://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/conduit-mlinux-lora-communication/conduit-mlinux-lora-use-third-party-devices/

Where I do something like:
    lora-query -x device add '{"deveui":"00-80-00-00-00-00-e1-9c","class":"C"}'

After doing this, the device will show up in the Web GUI for the Gateway just the same way as if I had added it manually using the Web GUI, under LoRaWAN devices. However, I cannot seem to find an option for setting the device profile (LW102-OTA-US915) using this command. Does anybody know how can I do this?

I have also tried using the whitelist approach, which provides an option for setting the device profile, as shown in:
    https://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/getting-started-with-lora-conduit-aep/managing-device-list-through-api/

For example:

curl 127.0.0.1/api/loraNetwork/whitelist/devices -X POST --data '{"deveui":"0001223344556677","class":"A","appeui":"0011223344556677","appkey":"00112233445566770011223344556677","device_profile_id":"LW102-OTA-US915"}' -H "Content-Type: application/json"

When I execute this command, it successfully adds it to the white list (returns success), but the device is not showing up in the LoRaWAN->Devices tab. The whitelist only contains the device I just added and does not contain those devices that were added manually through the Web GUI. So it does not match with the Web GUI…

I prefer using the first mLinux command route because the whitelist route seems to also require a restart every time the command is issued. Is there any better way of doing this? Could I be missing something?

I am using:
    MTCDTIP-LAT1-266A
    Firmware 1.7.4
    Network Server 2.2.18

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The whitelist are OTA device settings for devices that can join.

Once they join they will show in the LoRaWAN > Devices list.

AEP 1.7.4 is an ancient firmware version, you may want to look into updating the firmware at some point.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.