Accessing the Internal Temperature Sensor of the mDot MCU

Home Forums mDot/xDot Accessing the Internal Temperature Sensor of the mDot MCU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi,

I am attempting to access the internal temperature sensor of the mDot using the registry of the STM32f411xe. However I am finding difficulty as there seems to be very little documentation behind using and accessing the registry. I have been attempting several different methods in mBed, primarily involving ADC functions, and I am attempting applying the change directly using pointers, although I am unsure how to read the appropriate pin.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed? I need to be able to access the registry as my needs for the mDot require the ability to directly control its function.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Hi Szymon,

The STM32F411RE reference guide mentions the internal temperature sensor. See section 11.9.

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/reference_manual/9b/53/39/1c/f7/01/4a/79/DM00119316.pdf/files/DM00119316.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00119316.pdf

I think there also mbed PinNames defined for the internal analog input channels on the ST platforms. I think this change was added in mbed-os 5.2. With those PinNames defined, I think you should just have to create an AnalogIn object using the PinName for the internal ADC channel connected to the internal temp sensor and do a conversion.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Szymon,

ADC_TEMP is the peripheral pin in the mDot platform for the temp sensor. It is defined in the file:
    mbed-os\targets\target_stm\target_stm32f4\target_mts_mdot_f411re\PeripheralPins.c

Kind regards,
    Leon

Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.