Can not compile Dragonfly example programs using IAR

Home Forums Dragonfly Can not compile Dragonfly example programs using IAR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg Ludewig
    Participant

I’ve compiled some of the Dragonfly example programs using the online tools, and that seems to work fine. However, if I export them for IAR and try to compile them with the IAR toolchain, none of them compile successfully.

For example, if I export and compile the mbed-blinky example, I get assembler errors in HAL_CM4.S, with error messages such as ‘This instruction is not available in the selected cpu/core’, ‘ Undefined symbol: S16’, and ‘Undefined symbol: S31’.

If I export and compile the HTTPS example, I get compile errors in the bin2hexString methods of MTSText.cpp. If I fix those errors, I then get linker errors such as ‘no definition for “__iar_file_Mtxinit” [referenced from xsyslock_myx.old.o(dl7M_tlf.a)]. These appear to be issues with the MTSAS libraries.

What do I need to do to be able to use the mbed OS and the MTSAS libraries with the IAR toolchain?

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Greg,

I wouldn’t expect any MTSAS examples to work if the mbed blinky example doesn’t even work. Let’s start there. What versions of mbed/mbed-os are you exporting? What version of IAR are you using?

Cheers,

Mike

Greg Ludewig
    Participant

Mike,

we are using IAR version 7.80 and revision 16:71f51c7.

Greg

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Greg,

I exported revision 16:71f51c7 of the mbed-os-example-blinky project

https://developer.mbed.org/teams/mbed-os-examples/code/mbed-os-example-blinky/

to IAR for the MTS Dragonfly platform. The export succeeded and I was also able to successfully build the application by opening the project in IAR and selecting “Project->Rebuild All.” I’m using IAR version

IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM 7.30.4.8187
    IAR Embedded WOrkbench common components 7.1.7.3552

An application built for the Dragonfly in IAR won’t run on the target until the MTS bootloader is prepended and the application is padded to a 64kB offset, but that’s another issue.

Could you downgrade your IAR version to 7.30?

Cheers,

Mike

Greg Ludewig
    Participant

Mike,

I don’t have a license for version 7.30, but I did try it on version 7.50, and I have the same issues.

Greg

Greg Ludewig
    Participant

Mike,

Version 7.80 of the IAR toolchain can be downloaded for free along with a 30-day evaluation license. Would it be possible for you to try using version 7.80 to see if you have the same problems compiling under that version?

We would like to get this problem resolved if at all possible.

Thanks,

Greg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.