XDot Programming- No Developer Kit

Home Forums mDot/xDot XDot Programming- No Developer Kit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lyn Ceci
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking to mount the XDot onto a PCB. Am I able to do on-board programming without the XDot developer kit?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

no, you need the xDot developer board and a suitable cable to a programming header on your board.

Hi Lyn,

You can also use an ST Link or Segger J-Link programmer but that’s essentially what Andrew is saying. Same method for programming… put a header for the xDot programming interface on your board and attach a programmer to flash the xDot.

Leon

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

The other difficulty when developing your own board is that you need to create the footprint for xDot as Multitech don’t provide this. All you have to go on is a drawing with dimensions in the developers guide.

Andrew

Lyn Ceci
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. So I could use and just pop out a header on my board?

So like…
    STLink —-> XDot
    VAPP ——> VDD3.3
    TRST ——> GND
    GND ——-> GND
    TDI ——-> GND
    GND ——-> GND
    TMS_SWDIO -> SWDIO
    GND ——-> GND
    TCK_SWCLK -> SWCLK
    GND ——-> GND
    NC ——–> No Connection
    GND ——-> GND
    TDO_SWO—-> ??????????
    GND ——-> GND
    NRST ——> NRESET
    GND ——-> GND
    NC ——–> No Connection
    GND ——-> GND
    VDD ——-> No Connection
    GND ——-> GND

I also have the mDot Developer Kit if it’s possible to utilize that in any way.

Lyn Ceci
    Participant

Lyn,

Please take a look at the following document…
    http://multitech.com/documents/publications/manuals/s000645.pdf
    On the bottom of page 49 is the beginning of a section for programming external targets. We designed the xDot DK board so it can be used to program external xDots. Connect from JP1 on the xDot DK to your target xDot. In your case, I’d suggest that you place a like 9 pin connector on your board. Once connected and powered, the xDot DK will program your target rather than the xDot that is on the xDot DK. Does this answer your question?

Leon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.