Where to get the file created by Node-red ''file'' node

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Where to get the file created by Node-red ''file'' node

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    laurent brunet
    Participant

Hello,

I’m doing some testing with a lorawan device and would like to log the packets received by the gateway. I used an output file in node-red to do so but I’m not sure about how I’m supposed to access this file after the fact.

Thanks for the help,

Laurent

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Laurent,

I usually create the custom log files in the /var/log directory for ex: “/var/log/<app dir name>/<app name>.log” and if you would like to see what is being written to your log in your debug window, you could import the flow below it displays the last few log entries that were written to your log file.

[{"id":"cee3424f.dcdbb","type":"tail","name":"App Log","split":true,"filename":"/var/log/<app dir name>/<app name>.log","x":91,"y":72,"z":"513a453e.d720dc","wires":[["886f21d3.2faf8"]]},{"id":"886f21d3.2faf8","type":"debug","name":"","active":true,"console":"false","complete":"true","x":338,"y":72,"z":"513a453e.d720dc","wires":[]}]

Also if you would like to see your log file in its entirety, connect to the conduit via the ethernet port and I typically use the WinSCP tool to connect to the conduit and this displays a windows explorer like tree structure to view the directories/files and you should be able to browse down to your log file.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.