Time zone change did not work

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Time zone change did not work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    George Hong
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to change the time zone in my gateway from UTC to US Eastern. The console show the change took place but when it sends the timestamp is still in UTC mode. I did a factory reset and it is still doing the same, please help. Thanks.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

George,

Which timestamp are you referring to?

Jeff

George Hong
    Participant

The one I see in node-red.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

George,

Javascript provides the Date.now() method is being used by the inject node. I’m assuming that you are using the inject and seeing the UTC timestamp. By definition from the documentation on the Date object:

Date.now()
    Returns the numeric value corresponding to the current time – the number of milliseconds elapsed since 1 January 1970 00:00:00 UTC, with leap seconds ignored.

This means that you are always going to get a UTC time unless you convert the value through some other function to the local time you are in.

Jeff

George Hong
    Participant

Jeff,
    Thanks for the quick response. I am using the LoRa out node and watching the debug window in node-red. We have 4 gateways and 2 units I was able to configure and puts out US Eastern time, the other 2 does not. All the gateways are the same part number.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.