T.37 Confirmation Printing & Options Ordering

Home Forums FaxFinder T.37 Confirmation Printing & Options Ordering

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

I’ve been playing with the T.37 function of our faxfinder we’ve had for a couple years and amazed I had never unearthed such a useful feature before. This has a lot of potential to speed up our fax intensive process as well as seriously cut down the number of analog lines we need. I have 2 questions about the operation of the T.37 function I was hoping some of the experts could chime in on.

First, our users are used to getting fax confirmations printed out upon success as well as failure of the fax job. I know that the FaxFinder supports this, however it sends the confirmation as an email to the user. Our users are used to having the confirmations printed out automatically and I’m getting some resistance to the email confirmations. Is there a way to direct the result to a printer instead of an email?

Second, our HP Printers with the FutureSmart firmware support T.37 natively (message me if you want setup instructions and I’d be happy to provide!) however I can only specify the T.37 prefix (eg “fax=”) and there’s no option for a suffix. I’d like to be able to use some of the advanced options such as setting the “ATTN” field, and I attempted to do that by using “ATTN=<string>/FAX=<number>” but the FaxFinder appears to disregard any tokens before the “fax=” pair. When the option is copypasted after the “FAX=” token, the FF accepts the option as expected. Is there a way to get the FaxFinder to take the advanced options before the “fax=” pair?

Edit: I should mention we’re on an FF830 running 2.3.1 firmware.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Aaron.
    Mike Gadda
    Blocked

Our newer FFx40 series supports fax confirmation to printer, but not the FFx30 series. There isn’t a way to move the advanced features ahead of the “fax=” I believe by the T.37 specification it needs to start with that.

Aaron
    Participant

Thanks for such a super quick reply, Mike!

I know the FF x40 line also supports AD integration which would be a very handy feature for us, but I had no idea this feature was an x40 specific modification. Is there a rough list of improvements made to the x40 line? I’m currently looking to put together a recommendation to upgrade to an 840 from our 830 and having a good table of new features added with the newer model line would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mike Gadda
    Blocked

Here are some features added in the FFx40s:

New web GUI
    Added option to save fax logs to a share
    Added SFTP as an option for inbound routing
    Added support for more printers
    Added new API calls
    Active Directory
    Added ability to customize text and image on home page
    New web help
    Added changeable defaults for web send
    Added SNMP
    Added ability to customize filename of incoming fax
    Added ability to customize email “From” and “Subject” for inbound faxes
    Added ability to upload CA signed certificates
    Added ability to print outgoing fax receipts and fax logs
    Added ability to configure “date” filed on cover pages
    Added ability for users to view all fax logs
    Added ability to save incoming faxes as TIFF G4
    Added ability to select the storage of outbound faxes
    Added Caller ID support
    Route by caller ID information and use in customizing filename/subject..ie
    Added dialing rules
    Online Updating

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.