Status LED is off all the time.

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Status LED is off all the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom Hill
    Participant

I powered on my AEP Conduit device, but the Status LED doesn’t come on and as result I am unable to connect to the admin screen to configure it. I have pressed the reset as suggested in the site, but no matter what the device doesn’t reboot. Any other suggestions? Conduit has been working well until this morning.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Is it just the status LED that is not lighting up or flashing? Is the power led lit? Also, if there is a SIM card inserted, are the signal leds lit? By “admin screen” do you mean the debug console on the USB port or the admin Web UI?

Jeff

Tom Hill
    Participant

Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for your quick response.

1) Yes the Status LED is not lighting up. It used to flash earlier, but not today.
    2) The POWER LED is ON and the LS LED is flashing.
    3) Yes there is a SIM card inserted, as of today none of the signals LED are lighting up as it did in the past, including the CD LED.

Also I was trying to access the Admin WEB UI. I even tried a full reset, but no response from the conduit or rather didn’t reboot.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

On the front of the Conduit there is a plate with MULTITECH and the logo next to it. There is a screw that you need to remove to get the plate off, and behind there is a micro-b usb port. The output of that port is the Linux console. You will need to hook that up to your computer and use a terminal program to connect to it and see what is coming out on the console when you reboot your Conduit.

We need to figure out how far in the boot process it is getting in order to figure out what is wrong with the device.

Jeff

Tom Hill
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

I did as you suggested, but all I get is the following from the console.
    “FE 00′ and nothing else. I have connected to the debug port as per the instructions on the Multitech site.

Let me know if there is anything else you need that can help you troubleshoot better.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Yogesh,

Open a support portal case. This sounds like you may need a replacement, and that is the way to initiate the process. Through the portal they will help you verify that the situation is not recoverable.

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.