send email to fax problem

Home Forums FaxFinder send email to fax problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kelvin gerhart
    Participant

I have an application that sends emails. But when I try send an email to the fax finder I get an exception error of invalid address. Seems that fax=215555123@fax.mydomain.com is not a valid email address. Is there a workaround to have an address that is?

Thanks

Brant Boatright
    Participant

Did you ever find a resolution to this?

I ask because I wonder if my FF440 allows for outgoing email-to-fax transmissions!

Bryon Davis

Hi Brant,
    The FF440 will allow you to schedule outbound faxes through emails. These options are in the “Store & Forward (T.37)” menu, which is in Fax Configuration. The “Enable T.37” must be enabled to allow this.

When sending the emails, you would set the “To” address to “fax=<fax number>@<FaxFinder IP address or hostname>” and attach the files which you want to send in the fax. Note the FaxFinder currently only supports PDF, TXT, TIFF, and postscript file attachments.

An example an “To” address with an IP address would be “fax=215555123@192.168.2.1”. Your email server should then relay this to the FaxFinder, which will then fax the attachments to the phone number 215555123. Note that some email servers won’t relay to IP addresses and the email server would need to reach the IP address.

An example of a hostname was shown in Kelvin’s post “fax=215555123@fax.mydomain.com”. In order for the FaxFinder to except an email to a hostname, this hostname must be entered in either the System Configuration->Network menu’s Hostname OR (not both) the “Fax Configuration->Store & Forward (T.37)” menu’s Additional Hosts.

I’m not sure why Kelvin had an issue with the hostname he was using, it looks like a valid “To” address for scheduling faxes on the FaxFinder. It depends on what was giving the invalid address exception.

If you require more information on this, please see the Administrator’s Guide at the link below:

http://www.multitech.com/manuals/s000522_r_4_3_1_4.pdf

Regards,
    Bryon

Aaron
    Participant

If you’re still experiencing issues, I seem to remember that I heard some versions of the firmware were very picky about the case of the “fax=” prefix. You might try varying the case of it (FAX=,Fax=,fax=, etc.) and seeing if that helps any. It looks like you’re doing it right, so it’s probably a very minor error, easily corrected.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.