Responding to Send API Errors

Home Forums iSMS Responding to Send API Errors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    K
    Participant

Hello:

A few questions about the send api, please.

When sent to an SF100, both the “enc” and “priority” fields return errors. The enc field causes a parse error (602) and the priority field causes a “no recipient” error (607). Are these fields only used in certain models? Which ones? Is there a way for an application to detect the capabilities or model of the device using the http interface?

Could you please provide a bit more explanation for the following error codes – what causes them, or when they are likely to be encountered?

605 – Recipient overflow

608 – Modem busy

612 – System error – Is this one recoverable? In other words will the modem be available again after a wait?

I’m particularly interested in how the modems react when their internal queue is full. What error is returned to the caller, 605 or 608?

Thank you!

Kelly

Bryon Davis

Hi Kelly,

If the iSMS is busy or temporarily runs out of space for another message it will return a 608.

Can you give an example of the commands you are sending to send with enc and priority?

Here is an example of a command that has both enc and priority. I tested this on v1.47 firmware.

http://192.168.2.143:81/user=admin&passwd=admin&cat=1&enc=1&priority=3&to=”7637654321″&text=”test”

You’ll need to change the port from 81 to your port, and the username and password.

Regards,

Bryon

K
    Participant

Thank you, Bryon. If you can briefly address the 605 and 612 errors too, that would sure help.

I’m using an SF100-G with firmware version 1.31. This command fails with a 607:

http://192.168.0.248:81/sendmsg?user=admin&passwd=admin&cat=1&enc=0&priority=1&to=”7195551212″&text=”test”

The same command without the “enc” also returns a 607. Without “priority”, also 607. Remove them both and it works fine. I’m not sure how I got the 602 I reported in my first post. Both enc and priority return 607 consistently now.

Thanks again,

Kelly

Bryon Davis

Hi Kelly,

The priority option wasn’t added until v1.44. The enc option of unicode (enc=2) was also added in 1.44, v1.31 only supports enc values of 0 and 1.

I would recommend upgrading to v1.47, besides the added features, it has many fixes and is a more stable version.

I currently don’t have the information on 602 and 607 errors. I’ll try to find that for you.

Regards,

Bryon

K
    Participant

Hi Bryon:

Thank you – glad to know it is version related.

That clears up the 602 and 607 errors. My only remaining questions are in regard to the following errors:

605 – What can cause a Recipient overflow?

612 – Can the modem recover from this error given time, or does it have to be reset?

That’s it!

Thank you again,

Kelly

Bryon Davis

Hi Kelly,

The iSMS can only handle 50 recipients (names, numbers, or groups) per sendmsg. If this is exceeded a 605 Recipient Overflow is returned.

Whether the modem can recover from the 612 error depends on the cause of the error. The iSMS monitors and clears memory use, which should clear almost all of the causes. It may be possible to get an unusual failure that causes memory to fill up and not get freed. At that point, a reboot would clear the condition.

Regards,

Bryon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.