Registering device on DeviceHQ

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Registering device on DeviceHQ

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Hi,

I have a Conduit AEP and I’m trying to register it on DeviceHQ but I always get the “Device not found” error even though the serial number and uuid are correct from the sticker under the unit.

My conduit has been powered up an connected to the network for a number of days now and have tried this a number of times now.

Any ideas?

thanks

Andrew
    Thing Innovations.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Andrew,

Could you send your UUID to me Jeff.Hatch@multitech.com, and I will work with the Device HQ team to see if that it is in the database so that you can register it. It is probably missing from the database on the beta server.

Thank You,

Jeff Hatch

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Thanks Jeff, email sent.

Andrew

Yes, this is likely happening because your conduit is not in our database yet. If you could send the uuid and serial # then I will enter it in there and you should be able to register.

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Hi,

I emailed the uuid but have not heard anything back. I’ve tried to register the device thinking it might have been done but still not found.

thanks

Andrew

Andrew —

I needed to clarify where you were trying to register the device. What was the url?

Thanks,
    David Heitzman

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Hi David,

https://www.devicehq.com/ which is the only one I could find, seems its not linked on your website.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew —

That url is our production site. We don’t have that populated with the data necessary to register devices yet.

For now, you’ll want to use https://beta.devicehq.com

Please also bear in mind that any information you enter on beta.devicehq.com will not be retained once the beta testing period is over. It’s strictly for beta testing the devices.

Thanks,
    David Heitzman

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Aha! that was it. Now registered on the beta site so need to see if the Conduit checks in.

thanks for your help

Andrew

Andrew —

Sounds good.

David Heitzman

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Hi,

Next point, I’m not seeing the conduit as having checked in but from the logs I am seeing this, so wondering if it’s failing to phone home:

Jul 27 19:58:53 mtcdt daemon.info annexcd: [INFO] courier.cc:Open:1394: opening connection with ds-beta.devicehq.com:5798
    Jul 27 19:58:53 mtcdt daemon.err annexcd: [ERR] courier.cc:Open:1408: gethostbyname_r: 2
    Jul 27 19:58:53 mtcdt daemon.err annexcd: [ERR] courier.cc:RunnableCore:1211: Open failed

I’ve not changed any of the URLs in the config, I added the account key that was received in the sign up email for the beta site so it should, in theory be checking in.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew —

Okay, it should work at this point. One little thing to check is, have you set it to use ssl for the checkin? You want it set to use ssl.

I’ll check a few things to see why it’s not working.

David

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Hi David,

SSL is enabled in remote server option. I also see the current status is now:

Current Status failed to open connection with mdm

Server name is ds-beta.devicehq.com, the app store and dependency URLs are both https://beta.devicehq.com

The only option not set is the Sync with Dial on Demand as I’ve not yet installed a SIM.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew –

It seems that possibly the problem is that the conduit is no longer connecting to the internet at all, and thus can’t check in to devicehq.

If not using a SIM, you will need to connect through ethernet the same as if the conduit were a PC. Were you given instruction on how to do that?

David

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Hi David,

Ethernet is connected as this is how I’m connecting to it and Node-Red on the conduit. I’ve updated the config to change Ethernet from LAN to WAN and now the static option includes gateway and dns server IP addresses. I did also try DHCP but this failed to get the DNS server and gateway IP addresses too.

I checked DeviceHQ and its checked in!

The conduit is currently running firmware 1.0.25-Beta, so selecting the scheduled firmware update would take it to 1.0.28 on next checkin.

Thanks for your help on this. Much appreciated. Now to get the mDots doing something useful.

Andrew

Dean Cooper
    Participant

Hi All,

This thread seems to have ended but I tried to register a Conduit AEP yesterday (9 Feb 2016) with devicehq.com and got the device not found response. I was careful to enter the serial number and UUID correctly and tried a few times in case there was a database issue. There is some discussion in this thread about the production site not being operational at the time (mid 2015) and to use the beta site beta.devicehq.com instead. Is that still the case now? Can I read the serial number and UUID electronically i.e. from a file or device.

Thanks,
    Dean.

Dean,

Wordpress for some reason is not letting me reply by adding to the thread so I am replying in your message.  You should be using the production site and not the beta.  Could you send us your UUID and serial number?  Something may be amiss with the database initialization for some units.

Thank You,

Jeff Hatch

Dean Cooper
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your embedded reply. What is your email address?

Regards,
    Dean.

jhatch@multitech.com

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.