Refresh CoreCDP repository from OpenEmbedded?

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG Refresh CoreCDP repository from OpenEmbedded?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ken Bannister
    Participant

Do you have any plans to refresh the MultiTech CoreCDP git repository from the OpenEmbedded repository?

I found several issues when building from the git instructions on the CDP 1.1.1 release page [1]:

1. binutils v2.18 fails due to an MD5 checksum failure. Apparently the source repository recently repackaged this old version.

2. Unable to fetch update-rc.d from the handhelds.org CVS repository. OpenEmbedded trunk now provides that file itself rather than retrieving from handhelds.org.

For now I will build from CDP 1.1.1 download.

I understand that link rot is to be expected from the fork from OE in January 2010. It seems that it may be about time to refresh from their repository.

Thanks,

Ken

[1] http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/cellular-development-platform/release-notes/corecdp-1-1-1-release-notes/

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Ken,

Yes, there are plans and work is currently in progress to release a new CoreCDP version based off a new OE snapshot (currently will be based off the 2011.03 branch).

Also, source code is mirrored on multitech.net:

http://www.multitech.net/corecdp/sources/

The build process is supposed to fall back on this as a source when other locations fail, but if you get a new file with a different MD5 sum, it obviously doesn’t help.

Jesse

Ken Bannister
    Participant

Thanks for the update. I do not recall seeing the fallback to multitech.net, and plan to investigate.

For the next release, as a community member I would appreciate seeing as much of the development as possible in the open — in the public repository. I don’t see much happening at present on git.multitech.net.

Ken Bannister
    Participant

To follow-up on the update-rcd package, the MultiTech http mirror does not include this package. The package is retrieved by cvs protocol.

Outdated sources are a real pain. :-/

Brandon Pedersen
    Participant

For the next release, as a community member I would appreciate seeing as much of the development as possible in the open — in the public repository. I don’t see much happening at present on git.multitech.net.

I agree, that would be nice…I was weary of development on this platform going stale. Good to hear it is still being worked on.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Message received. I am reorganizing the new release into a bitbake layer rather than a custom branch, so it will be in a new repository completely. I am planning to move the current internal git repo onto git.multitech.net soon. We are still doing testing internally so it’s not release ready quite yet.

You can be assured the development platform is definitely not going stale 🙂

Jesse

Ken Bannister
    Participant

Jesse, I appreciate MultiTech’s responsiveness to user requests. Use of an OE machine layer sounds like the appropriate way to leverage the platform to stay current with upstream. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.