Publish/Subscribe to another MQTT Broker

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Publish/Subscribe to another MQTT Broker

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Felix Galindo
    Participant

I am aware that the conduit runs a mosquitto mqtt broker to communicate with LoRa mDot sensor node. Is it possible to write a node.js app that retrieves the LoRa data, process it, and when then publish something to another mqtt broker like Amazon AWS IOT?

Note, I am not “forwarding” the LoRa sensor data itself, I am processing it and then pushing some data to AWS.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

This sample nodejs app shows how to connect to the local mqtt.
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/conduit-mlinux-lora-communication/

Felix Galindo
    Participant

@Jason, I understand that part and plan on doing that. What I want to know, is if I am able to connect to amazon AWS IOT mqtt broker and push some data to it?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

I do not see why that would not be possible.

Ashu Joshi
    Participant

Jason – can I use a remote broker – by changing the LoRa-network- conf file – by specifying the host and port?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

If I said no, would you still try it?

It should work as long as it doesn’t require authentication. There is no config for username and password.

Ashu Joshi
    Participant

Jason love,love your answer. I actually tried it – because I saw the option in Advanced LoRa Configuration to set the MQTT Host and Port! You may like the story 🙂

I am beginning to understand this much better. The first baby step I had taken was to run the SUB client on Mac on the same local network as the GW. That works like charm – of course it has to.

Then I made the STUPID mistake of using the IP address of the MT GW as the Host Address yesterday – not because I did not know what I was doing BUT simply because I was using the IP Address of the MT GW constantly to do SSH and it was on my mind.

When I read your response, I corrected it – and VOILA it is indeed working 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.