Port Forwarding

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Port Forwarding

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Stocker
    Participant

Hi,

i would like to forward ports to access a tomcat-webserver running on a linux-machine that is connected to the Conduit which got an LTE-connection to the internet. The setup looks like this:

some device with internetconnection (used to connect to: <public-ip-of-conduit>:8080/index.html)
    |
    |
    |
    Internet
    |
    | (connected via LTE)
    |
    Conduit (v1.1.2)
    |
    | (connected via LAN)
    |
    linux-machine (tomcat-webserver running on 192.168.2.213:8080)

I tried to forward port 80 and 8080 using the conduit’s web-interface (Firewall>Settings>Port Forwarding) specifying the ports and the destination-ip “192.168.2.213”.

Unfortunately it’s not working and i can’t access my webservers-page (<public-ip-of-conduit>:8080/index.html). The page http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ shows me, that the ports are closed.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Daniel

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Daniel,

Do you have a static or dynamic public IP from your provider? If the IP is not public, you will not be able to connect to or through the Conduit.

If you do have a public IP the steps to create a port forwarding rule should be as simple as:

1) Specify the external WAN port
    2) Specify the destination LAN IP (192.168.2.213)
    3) Specify the destination port (80 or 8080)
    4) Save and restart

From there you should be able to pass traffic by having the external host go to the public IP of the Cellular connection, and it should get redirected to the internal IP and port.

To debug a little more you might try the nc utility and try to connect and send simple character strings to verify that a rule is working with your environment.

Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.