OpenJDK-6

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG OpenJDK-6

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

I’m having issues using the jamVM and would like to see if OpenJDK-6 resolves my issue. I see that OpenJDK is in the org.openembedded.dev branch but wasn’t sure what needed to be done in order to compile it for the mtcdp device.

How do I get a OpenJDK and it’s dependencies from the org.openembedded.dev branch and include it in my corecdp-1.1.1 build environment?

Thanks,

Rob

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Unfortunately, this is likely not a trivial task. Most of the support for building OpenJDK (from Jalimo) was merged into the OE repo after CoreCDP 1.1.1 was branched off it. Building OpenJDK has a lot of dependencies (many recipes) so I don’t think it would be a simple matter of bringing over one directory of recipes and building it.

Rob
    Participant

Yep, I tried that and also tried to point to the org.openembedded.dev as well with no success.

I ended up installing OpenJDK-6 and CacaoVM from the angrstrom distribution by adding the following to /etc/opkg/angstrom-feed.conf, then using opkg to install the programs.

src/gz base http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2011.03/ipk/glibc/armv5te/base

Not my preferred way of doing it, but it works for now until I can find a way to compile it.

Regards,

Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.