Only single Network Key?

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Only single Network Key?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Homas
    Participant

Hey,

I have multiple nodes with each unique AppKey.
    Why can I only set one Network key?

If I add nodes using lora-query, it doesn’t help. I can only use Conduit with 1 device, but I need to connect hundred with different Appkeys.

How to solve this?

Thanks

Homas
    Participant

Hey, why no response?

From:http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/introduction-to-lora/

Each end-device has a different set of encryption keys. This ensures the rest of the network remains secure if one set of keys are compromised. After joined, all packets transmitted between the end-device and server are encrypted with these keys.

MultiTech provides a simple interface for setting the AppEUI and AppKey. Instead of creating an 8 and 16 byte hexadecimal keys, you can set strings for the network ID (AppEUI) and the network key (AppKey), and we’ll generate the hexadecimal keys for you.

If “Each end-device has a different set of encryption keys.” why can I set only ONE “network ID (AppEUI) and the network key (AppKey)”?

I must be missing something…

Thank you.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The unique encryption keys referred to are the Session keys used after the join.

Best practice for overall security is unique AppKeys per device as you are trying to configure.

lora-query is the current way to configure unique appkeys per dev-eui.
    Be sure that the app-eui configured with the dev-eui does NOT match the NetworkID assigned to the Conduit. Otherwise it will validate the join against the Network Key.

If you need more help with lora-query please provide more detail of what you have tried and what is not working for you.

Homas
    Participant

Hello, Jason

This indeed was the problem:

Be sure that the app-eui configured with the dev-eui does NOT match the NetworkID assigned to the Conduit. Otherwise it will validate the join against the Network Key.

Thank you, I now succesfully added 5 sensors with unique AppKeys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.