OCG overwriting changes in /etc/ppp/options upon reboot

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG OCG overwriting changes in /etc/ppp/options upon reboot

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Philip Lombardi
    Participant

I am using a custom /etc/ppp/options file and every time I reboot the OCG the file seems to be replaced with the stock file provided by Multi-Tech. Not sure what is going on here? All the other files are being preserved, including custom connect and chat scripts in /etc/ppp/peers. I am using one of the pre-built full CoreCDP 2.2 images provided on this site.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Phil

Bryan Tran

Hi Phil,

I could not duplicate the problem. Pls, give steps as how to duplicate the problem.

Regards,

BT

Philip Lombardi
    Participant

Bryan,

I believe our two companies have an NDA in place. I am going to check that here with my boss, but if that is true I can provide you the script I am developing that is causing the problems.

Would that work?
    Phil

• This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Darrik Spaude.
    Bryan Tran

Hi Phil,

You can create a new case in our online support portal (http://www.multitech.com/en_US/) and then attach your script in the case. However, another simple test that you can do is that – Reload the stock firmware on the device, then go into the /etc/ppp/options, modify, save it and then reboot and see if your changes is still retained after reboot.

If it is then, your script must do something that caused the /etc/ppp/options reloaded with stock version.

Regards,

BT

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Case created.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Phil,

Are you possibly removing /etc/ppp/options and recreating it? It is normally a soft link to /var/config/ppp/options. The start up scripts will check that /etc/ppp/options is a link to /var/config and if it isn’t, it will remove it and relink to /var/config. This is done so that PPP settings (and user/password, network settings) can be preserved when flashing the root filesystem.

Jesse

Philip Lombardi
    Participant

That might be the problem… I will check once I have a moment.

By the way, is there a way to flash so nothing is preserved? I find that behavior kind of annoying when I am running through a QA cycle and want to bring the device to a virgin state.

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

You can wipe all files in /var/config and then it will put everything back to defaults after reboot. It will still ensure that the files it is managing are links to files in /var/config.

rm -rf /var/config/*
    reboot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.