Node-Red SOAP web services

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Node-Red SOAP web services

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andries Kruger
    Participant

Good day,

I am new to Linux and Node-Red.

I would like to send the data I receive from an mDot to our server using existing web services implemented with SOAP. I found a Node-Red SOAP library called node-red-contrib-soap. I tried installing the library using the npm command through the serial port. It seems like the installation finishes but with a few warnings complaining that the version of node required is higher than the one I have installed. After the process completed, I restarted the conduit and opened Node-Red, but I cannot see the SOAP node.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I update Node-Red and if so, how do I do that?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Andries,

If you are trying to install a node module, you need to use the –prefix option and specify where the node module needs to go. On the Conduit Node-RED is installed in /opt/node-red. If you need to install a node module the argument will look something like this: “–prefix /opt/node-red/node_modules”.

Nodes are a little trickier to install sometimes, but most of the newer and updated nodes can use the same prefix.

Jeff

Andries Kruger
    Participant

Thanks Jeff,

The –prefix option did the trick, I now have my soap node in Node-Red.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.