node-red-node-sqlite fails to install

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model node-red-node-sqlite fails to install

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jerome
    Participant

Hi all,

I tried for hours to install node-red-node-sqlite.

I tried : npm install node-red-node-sqlite

but it fails due to sqlite3, which is a required dependency.

Here is the log :

node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download: https://mapbox-node-binary.s3.amazonaws.com   /sqlite3/v3.1.4/node-v11-linux-arm.tar.gz
    node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for sqlite3@3.1.4 and node@0.10.4   0 (node-v11 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)
    gyp ERR! build error
    gyp ERR! stack Error: not found: make
    gyp ERR! stack     at F (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/which.js:4   3:28)
    gyp ERR! stack     at E (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/which.js:4   6:29)
    gyp ERR! stack     at /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/which.js:57:1   6
    gyp ERR! stack     at Object.oncomplete (evalmachine.<anonymous>:108:15)
    gyp ERR! System Linux 3.12.27
    gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gy   p/bin/node-gyp.js" "build" "--fallback-to-build" "--module=/opt/node-red/node_mo   dules/node-red-node-sqlite/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v11-linux-arm/n   ode_sqlite3.node" "--module_name=node_sqlite3" "--module_path=/opt/node-red/node   _modules/node-red-node-sqlite/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/node-v11-linux-ar   m"
    gyp ERR! cwd /opt/node-red/node_modules/node-red-node-sqlite/node_modules/sqlite   3
    gyp ERR! node -v v0.10.40
    gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v1.0.1
    gyp ERR! not ok

With opkg, I was unable to install make or a similar tool. What am I missing ?

Jerome

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Hey Jerome,

Unfortunately this is expected behavior. The Conduit doesn’t have any compilers or build tools because it simply doesn’t have the needed performance.

The only way to install these type of packages is to cross-compile them on a standard Linux PC using the mLinux SDK and then install them on the Conduit. But be aware that any installed packages not in /var/config/ will be lost on a firmware upgrade.

-Brandon

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Brandon Bayer.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.