Node-Red LORA Out Node & MDot that has not joined yet!

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Node-Red LORA Out Node & MDot that has not joined yet!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

What happens to a packet that has been queued via the LORA output node to be transmitted to an mdot that has not joined the LORA network yet. Although I am assuming this packet could potentially be discarded, but just wanted to check if this packet will be queued for transmit so that at a later point when the MDot joins the network, it could be transmitted?

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

If the node has never joined, then there is no record of the device and a downlink will not be queued.

If the device is registered or has joined before, then it can be queued.

This is an interesting use case to consider, thanks.

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your response. Is there a way to get a list of nodes that have joined the lora network from the node-red flow and so I can check before queuing those packets?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Paul Chilton
    Participant

I’m actually seeing different behaviour, for a device that hasn’t joined before that conduit seems to be selecting what it thinks is the closest match to that device and sending the packets out to it instead! Not sure if this is an option that can be turned off or not but is highly annoying…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.