Node-red and USB

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Node-red and USB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arnaud CESBRON
    Participant

Hello,

Is it possible to play with an usb key from node-red : read / write / detect insertion and remove ?
    Tanks

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Arnaud,

The serialport package is installed with Node-RED on the AEP Conduit. You should be able to use it to communicate with USB devices in a function node. The home page for the serialport node module is https://github.com/voodootikigod/node-serialport. There are numerous examples on this page’s documentation and also out on the Internet on stack overflow and other information thread sites.

Jeff

Arnaud CESBRON
    Participant

thanks a lot! but with this we can communicate with COM device. I just want to know if it’s possible to read file on fat / fat32 usb key not an usb device.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Arnaud,

You should be able to plug a USB key into the USB Host port on the Conduit, and it will automatically mount in the /media directory on the Conduit. It should be able to read FAT32.

Jeff

Arnaud CESBRON
    Participant

I all ready try this and it doesn’t work. But it’s my fault. I think that my key is in FTAT32, but she is in NTFS. It’s probably the reason.
    Thanks. I will try tomorrow.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Arnaud,

I’m pretty sure we only support FAT32 and the Linux filesystems, and not NTFS as you suspect.

Cheers,

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.