newer bitbake version

Home Forums MultiConnect OCG newer bitbake version

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brandon Pedersen
    Participant

Hey I was just wondering if it is possible to use a newer bitbake version? I am writing a bunch of my own recipes and am finding it annoying to update the checksums.ini file every time.

The newer bitbake versions allow you to specify the checksums inside the recipe itself…much easier to handle and maintain

I am curious if anyone has tried this before or if there is any reason we can’t use a newer version?…I will probably just try it out tonight and see what happens

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

You should be able to do this with the current release of CoreCDP without changing your bitbake version. checksums.ini is there in the current release, but you can also specify the checksum in the recipe and it will work even if it isn’t in checksums.ini. The main difference between the current OE tree in CoreCDP and newer versions is that you have to give each source file a name in order to specify the checksum.

Example from the linux_2.6.32.bb recipe:

SRC_URI = "${KERNELORG_MIRROR}/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-${PV}.tar.bz2;name=kernel 
    ${KERNELORG_MIRROR}/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/patch-${PV}.2.bz2;patch=1
    file://defconfig"

SRC_URI[kernel.md5sum] = "260551284ac224c3a43c4adac7df4879"
    SRC_URI[kernel.sha256sum] = "5099786d80b8407d98a619df00209c2353517f22d804fdd9533b362adcb4504e"

Brandon Pedersen
    Participant

So this feature is in bitbake, not openembedded so your cdp tree doesn’t affect this

Bitbake 1.10.1 (from release notes, this is the version of bitbake required) does not include this feature….it may be in the recipe but it does not work. I have tried this by adding:

SRC_URI[md5sum] = “xxxx”

SRC_URI[sha256sum] = “xxxx”

to my recipes but still got errors saying there is no checksum defined.

The patch/commit that added this functionality is here http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/bitbake/commit/?id=ce6071c64dd98aada6649fa7811fdc6f92b6f654

This commit was added to bitbake version 1.11.0 but since we are using 1.10.1, it is not possible to do this…this is why I am wondering if a newer version, like the latest 1.13.2 version would work OK

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

Try it again and specify a name for the file in your SRC_URI and the corresponding checksum, following the example I gave before. The newer version of OE/bitbake does allow the syntax you gave (no name needed for the checksum if there is just one source tarball in SRC_URI), but the version in CoreCDP does not. So, add “;name=some_value” to your SRC_URI and then use the same name in specifying your checksum as below:

SRC_URI = "http:/something.com/something.tar.gz;name=some_value"

SRC_URI[some_value.md5sum] = "123abc"

Brandon Pedersen
    Participant

Oh!!! I get what you were saying now….OK I will give that a shot tonight…just misread what you wrote before

Brandon Pedersen
    Participant

Awesome, that worked, thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.