MTSMC-G2 GPRS

Home Forums General MTSMC-G2 GPRS

Tagged: ,

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Charith Mendis
    Participant

can anyone elaborate on the AT commands that are needed to connect using GPRS. I need specially the order?

Charith Mendis
    Participant

This is the module I have bought.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/MTSMC-G2/591-1113-ND/2164038

Can you give out the sequence of AT commands for example to download a html page from http://www.google.com

I am stranded here due to the lack of documentation in the developer’s guide. Thank you

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

What type of host system will the MTSMC-G2 be installed in ? Does the host system have an IP stack ?

Charith Mendis
    Participant

Actually I only have the GSM / GPRS module. I need to download data via HTTP through GPRS using AT commands typed from Hyperterminal. Is it possible? Then, what would be the AT command sequence?

I thought the modem itself had an IP stack.

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Charith,

The MTSMC-G2 does have an IP stack that can be controlled with AT commands. There is a separate AT command manual for the IP stack, you can obtain a copy by filling out the request form here:

http://www.multitech.com/en_US/TOOLS/Forms/DynamicForms/EnterData.aspx?ID=4

Here is the part number for the document you need: S000469A.

This IP stack does include a HTTP client, however I would recommend that you consider using the TCP socket client to open the connection to the HTTP server then sending the HTTP request manually. This method seems to be easier to implement for most applications.

Charith Mendis
    Participant

If possible can you detail out the AT command sequence for

GPRS connection establishment

IP stack activation

and getting down data from a HTTP request

The documents do not show the sequence (order) properly even though the AT commands are listed there.

I have now requested for the document S000469A

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Charith,

To start the IP stack application issue the command AT+WOPEN=1. Once the IP stack application is running, the S000469A document has a chapter with application examples included. I recommend looking over the examples and trying them using a terminal program like Hyperterminal or Teraterm (Teraterm has a scripting language that will allow you to write macros so you don’t need to re-type the whole command sequence every time you try a new connection).

If you have further questions after reviewing the examples, I recommend opening a case at our technical support website (http://support.multitech.com). This website is more interactive than the developer forum and allows customers and staff to post files (logs, screenshots, application notes, etc…).

Nilesh Butani
    Participant

dear sir,

Actually i have a problem in device MTCDP-G2-GP

there is only one communication path for gprs access pppd driver…

in same path can I access GPS command or not???

if possible then Please guide me…..

Thanks,

Nilesh.

Bryan Tran

Hi Nilesh,

I am not sure if I understanding the question correctly. But:

1. The GPS receiver is accessible at 9600 baud on /dev/ttyS3.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/products/multiconnect-ocg/hardware/multiconnect-ocg-d/accessing-hardware-interfaces/

2. You can also send the GPS data from /dev/ttyS3 to a remote TCP server by:

a. Make a ppp connection.

b. Writing a TCP client application (running on the MTCDP-G2) that will connect to your remote TCP server via the ppp connection, then read the GPS data on the /dev/ttyS3 and send it to the remote TCP server.

Regards,

BT

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

The MTSMC-G2-GP has a single serial interface. If you are making GPRS connections using pppd on your host system, you will need to bring the ppp link down when you want to query GPS data.

If you have more questions, you may want to start a new thread. The MTSMC-G2-GP doesn’t match the topic of this thread (different product). If you have specific questions about how to use the features on the MTSMC-G2-GP, I would recommend that you open a ticket on the support website ( http://support.multitech.com ).

Nilesh Butani
    Participant

Sir,

I repeat the question….what I have a problem….

In device MTSMC-G2-GP already GPRS communication Established by one Serial communication path……

Actually problem is that…. In same serial communication path can I access also GPS Enable or configure GPS command…..like

1. AT#GPSSERV = 199.199.50.50

2. AT#GPSPROTO = 1

3. #GPSGPGGA = 1

AND I want to both GPRS & GPS command access from same serial path..at one by one !!!!!!!is that possible or not????

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Nilesh,

There are 2 different products referenced in this thread. Bryan’s post is correct for the MTCDP products.

For the MTSMC-G2-GP, there is only one serial port so both GPS and GPRS functions are accessed through the same path. You can use this port for both functions, just not at the same time. If you are using pppd for a network link (GPRS), this puts the modem into data mode so you can not issue AT commands to query GPS information. Terminating the ppp link will hang up the GPRS call and the modem will switch back to command mode so you can issue AT commands and query GPS.

Nilesh Butani
    Participant

Thanks a lot for support!!!!

OK ,

suppose,if I will use socket (SERVERCLIENT—-TCP)modem ,can I GPRS/GSM data parallel using this theory?…..

IF possible or not then tell me how to use the socket modem for both communication allow parallel???

& sorry ,if you can’t understand my question then guide me how use to this device????

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Nilesh,

Are you wondering if you can have one socket for GPRS and one socket for GPS?

Nilesh Butani
    Participant

Sir,

Actually we are using Linux board and PPPD driver run in linux board. our socket modem (MTSMC-G2-GP) attached with linux board on UART of board.

now we have some confusion if we configure sockt modem with linux board IP and PORT NO. Does Modem (MTSMC-G2-GP) send GPS data on that Socket of linux board?

I have open a (UDP Server) socket on linux board and I think Modem work as a client so is it possible Socket Modem send data on my Board using that socket by PPPD driver?

I have other problem like we use this (MTSMC-G2-GP) Modem first time and my PPPD driver working fine with (MTSMC-G2) Modem. so is there any changes needed in PPPD driver code to support (MTSMC-G2-GP) Modem?

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Hi Nilesh,

To clarify, you would like to access the MTSMC-G2-GP GPS data from the public Internet, correct? In other words, you would like to access the UDP server on your Linux board via MTSMC-G2-GP which is providing the GPRS link to the Internet and retrieve GPS data from the MTSMC-G2-GP attached to your Linux board?

Would your UDP server be able to send AT commands to the MTSMC-G2-GP to retrieve the GPS data?

Maybe a CMUX protocol might work, but I haven’t tried something like this. If you would open a Support Portal case, then we may be able to help you further and possibly provide a firmware update (use your multitech.net login and password on the Support Portal).

https://support.multitech.com

Best Regards,

Darrik

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Nilesh,

I found a case from you with similar questions. I’ll just re-open that one.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.