MTCBA-G2 Data Call?

Home Forums General MTCBA-G2 Data Call?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Norman Burton
    Participant

Hello

I am using the MTCBA-G2 modem in a M2M application. The SMS functionality of the system works perfectly and repeatedly. I am having trouble trying to make a direct connection to the remote machine using the above modem connected to a PC running the machine monitoring software. When I try to connect I get a network error “ERROR 57 bearer capability not authorized by the network” I have a data and voice plan activated on pay as you go SIM cards. The software application is asking for a “Telephone number that supports DATA” The wireless provider Rogers don’t seem to know what a data number is when I ask them.

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Norman,

If the software is trying to call a dialup modem on the remote machine, you will need to get the provider to enable ‘circuit switched data’ service on your account. This is a different service than GPRS data which is normally assumed when you activate data service on your cellular account.

If the above assumption regarding calling into a dialup modem on the remote machine in not correct, we will need more information about how the M2M application expects to open a data link.

Norman Burton
    Participant

Hi Lonny,

Thanks so much for the information. I have asked Rogers if this service is provided on the pay as you go SIMs. One tech noted that the circuit switches where set up for my account and then another tech told me that the pay as you go SIMs would not work with that type of call(??).

I now have Rogers business solutions looking into it and they are going to send me some test SIMs to work. They now have a M2M division and I am looking forward to working with them. I will keep you posted on how it works out.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.