mDot's flash memory is erased every power down.

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot's flash memory is erased every power down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ahmed Saieed
    Participant

Hi,

Here’s exactly what I do:

Steps
    1. I connect the mDot to the developer kit with the PC
    2. I compile the mbed program
    3. I move it to the drive that corresponds with the mdot’s mbed
    4. The program runs automatically
    5. I turn off the PC and the power down the board and everything, and connect it again few secs later to find out that the mDot is now blank! No program. Nothing at all.

The result is repeated every time I power it down, as if the program was not saved on the flash memory, or as if the flash memory was erased on loss of power!

Do you think there’s some misplaced jumper or some configuration I need to do to make sure the program persists on the microcontrollers flash memory?

Thank you,

Ahmed

Bryan Tran

Hi Ahmed,

1. Could you please try to flash your mDot again with your mbed program and make sure it is running. Then make notes of the comport and serial comport settings on your PC before power it down.

Power your PC back up and make sure to select and set the serial comport settings back to the way it was as before. Do you still see the same problem ?

2. If you are still seeing the problem, please create a support case at http://www.multitech.com/support for further trouble shooting the issue.

Thanks,

BT

Ahmed Saieed
    Participant

Hi Bryan,

I’m using linux. The port is /dev/ttyACM0 most of the time.

To be more clear. The exact scenario is as follows:

I copy the .bin file to the mounted mbed drive that appears on my PC. It works fine.
    I turn it off. Connect it again. But at this point, I find that the mbed drive is empty, the .bin file has disappeared and nothing is running on mbed.

I don’t think it has to do with the communication between the mDot & the PC, I think it’s more related to the mDot’s memory being erased for some reason.

Thanks.

Bryan Tran

Hi Ahmed,

Please create a support case at http://www.multitech.com/support for further trouble shooting the issues.

Thanks,

BT

Michael
    Participant

Ahmed,

I believe we are running similar environments.

I’m using Fedora and after r/r the power, the bin file does not appear when looking at the Multitech folder. (As you experience)

However, the mDot still has the file and will run it.

Mike

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Michael.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.