mDot to mDot communnication possible?

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot to mDot communnication possible?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Pickett
    Participant

I am working on the Azure connect the dots project (https://github.com/Azure/connectthedots). One of our target audiences is the maker community. In delivering example projects we try to keep hardware costs minimal. So I have gotten some push back about the Conduit being geared towards a more professional market with a price that won’t fly in the hobby market. Is it possible to setup mDots to communicate peer-to-peer, or make one of the mDots behave as a minimal gateway? If so, how would I go about setting that up?

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Jonathan,

Unfortunately, mDots currently only support Class A LoRa communication. However, Class C support, which allows point-to-point communication, is on the roadmap, but I don’t know when you can expect it.

-Brandon

Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

Brandon I thought Class C was just continuous listening. I don’t see anything in LoRaWAN 1,0 spec about peer to peer comms? I thought that was just stnd loRa radio function.

Lawrence

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Ah, Lawrence, you are correct, and I was mistaking. LoRaWAN doesn’t have any peer-to-peer support. Any communication from mDot to mDot must go through the network server and be handled at the application layer.

-Brandon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.