mDot box rssi

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot box rssi

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We got the Conduit with mCard 868MHz connected to TTN. Lately I have been testing range with the mDot box (the blue thing with gps ++ and a lcd display). I’m using the Survey GPS mode and the max distance I can achieve is about 500m. That is using a 8dBi fiberglass antenna on the GW just hanging outside the window (it is on its way to the rooftop). I think the range should have been a lot better .. it is more or less line of sight.

Then I looked at the RSSI values as seen in the TTN log for it while testing it on the office. I.e 3 m distance between the mDot box and the antenna. The reading says about -60 rssi. The display on the mDot box says DWN -92 and dbm 7.5. I have tried to change power and data rate, but not much changes.

Then I tried a normal mDot configured more or less the same way using AT commands and I then measure RSSI in the TTN to be about -30. Same range 3m. I have not yet tried it outside, but I guess the range will be a lot better?

So I wonder why is the mDot-box getting this poor rssi values and range? Its number of AT commands is less than the normal mDot.

/BR
    Sindre

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.