LoRa server unpredictable behavior

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model LoRa server unpredictable behavior

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Quentin
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to play around with different LoRa sensors and the Conduit but everything has been very painful up to this point. I have updated everything I could and I have opened multiple tickets with the support but I am still constantly running into the same problem.

The LoRa network of the Conduit is extremely unstable. I can sometimes make a sensor or the MTDotBox works by setting up it’s the corresponding AppEui/AppKey on the Conduit each time I switch sensor, and sometimes nothing works and no sensor can join the network and/or send packet to the Conduit.

It seems to be a matter of luck as I have been unable to track down what is causing the LoRa network to work or not.

Is anyone having a similar experience as mine? And more important has anyone been able to use LoRa reliably with the Conduit?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Hi,

What sort of nodes are you using?

What is the distance between node and conduit?

What type of antenna are you using?

What spreading factors are you using?

Thanks

Andrew

Quentin
    Participant

Hello,

Here is the nodes I have used so far :
    Adeunis LORAWAN PULSE
    Atim LoRaBee
    -MTDotBox

The distance between the nodes and the conduit is less than 5 meters.

I am using the antenna which was provided with each devices.

On the Conduit the highest spreading factor is used.

Thanks,
    Quentin

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Do you think the issue is packets not being received by the gateway or the gateway being unable to respond to the packet?

The gateway must adhere to the same time-on-air restrictions as and end device if you are using EU868. Perhaps this is what seems to be inconsistent.

Quentin
    Participant

I do not know in witch way the packets are unable to go.

You remark on the time-on-air restrictions is interesting, I will check if this is the issue.

Thank you for your help.

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Try increasing the distance between nodes and gateway, the receiver in the conduit could be getting swamped by the signals.

time between transmissions is also another point. If the devices are CE/FCC/LoRa Alliance certified then they should be conforming to time on air restrictions for you.

I know the mDot does this in the 868MHz band.

Andrew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.