Lora out node usage in Node Red

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Lora out node usage in Node Red

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eliz
    Participant

Hi

This is probably an elementary question but… I am struggling using the lora out node in Node red in order to send a message from the conduit to my end-device. I have set up the uplink example (from mote to conduit) and that works fine (I can see the message that was sent from my end-device displayed in the debug window) and have also setup the echo-downlink example, which I think is also working (I can see that as I send the packet from my end-device it is once again displayed in debug and the echo of the sent message is received at my device – I have a terminal program running that displays it.)

However
    1. The ‘echoed’ payload is displayed in the debug window as ‘undefined’?

2. Obviously, I actually want to be able to send messages from the conduit with my own payload, not only echoing the received payload from the end-device, and I do not know how to do this in node red with the lora out node. Do you disconnect the lora out and in nodes, right? And you enter the device eui and the payload in the lora node ui. But what then? I did that and clicked deploy and then transmitted a payload from my end-device but I didn’t receive a downlink at my end-device? Or sometimes I even get old inject messages I tried previously or even again the echoed message – sometimes it works other times not? Does the conduit buffer the payloads? If so why didn’t I receive the downlink that followed my uplink? And where can I see the buffer content, if it does? How does the node red flow look like for this purpose?

I have searched a lot for an answer and this seems to not be a big deal for most people, as there isn’t any explicit instructions anywhere on how to do this.

Does anyone perhaps have an answer, advice or *hoping* an example on how to use the lora out node for something other than echoing the uplink?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The network server will queue the message until the device sends an uplink.

Node-RED flow:
    inject -> function -> lora-out

function node body:
    var msg = {
    “ack”: false,
    “eui”: “00-80-00-00-00-00-ab-b0”,
    “port”: 1,
    “payload”: “lkajsdf”
    }

return msg;

Eliz
    Participant

Thanks for the answer – it clears up a lot of my uncertainty!

Unfortunately when I used the code with my own eui and payload substituted in, the debug terminal diplays – syntax error: unexpected token ILLEGAL. I am very much a newbie in javascript syntax and can’t seem to find the error?

Eliz
    Participant

My mistake – a missing semi-colon – thanks again for the answer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.