LoRa Network Server – Public tick box

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model LoRa Network Server – Public tick box

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

What is the function of the Public tick box on the LoRa Network Server setup page.

Brandon you mentioned a LoRa planning guide when will that be available?

Thanks
    Lawrence

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked
    Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

Brandon thanks

Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

How, functionally, does the Public mode differ from the Non-Public mode? The page referred to doesnt make this clear. Even a quick google isnt helpful.

thanks

Andrew

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Andrew,

In the below table, the sync word is basically the first byte in a transmitted packet and is used to lock onto a signal that is destined for you. All public networks use the same sync word. For a custom private implementation, a different sync word can be used to distinguish the difference.

The Join response time is the time delay between when the lora network server receives a join request and when it transmits the join accept. In a traditional public network, the server would be in the cloud somewhere, so extra time is needed for the join request to go from the gateway to the server and back. But for our private implementation, we reduce the delay because the server actually resides on the gateway.

Mode

Private

Public

Sync word

0x12

0x34

Join response time

1 & 2 seconds

5 & 6 seconds

Does that help?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Brandon Bayer.
    Andrew Lindsay
    Participant

Thanks, got it now.

Henry Rawas
    Participant

I tried setting up a mLinux model as public with an mDot, following the configuration, but I get a shutdown a few seconds after restarting. Do I need to set the box as packet forwarding as well, or can the server on the Conduit operate in public mode?

Henry Rawas
    Participant

I found an issue with my config that was causing the shutdown.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.