LoRa beaconning possible on MTCT?

Home Forums General LoRa beaconning possible on MTCT?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian Wyld
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to have beacons from my conduit : I see that the /var/config/lora/lora-network-server.conf has fields to configure this, and also that there is a beacon_pkt_fwd binary in /opt/lora….

Any ideas on setting this up? Its not for a real class B app, but for syncing my endpoints between themselves….

Thanks

Brian

Brian Wyld
    Participant

Just to update this thread in case anyone else is wanting to use the beaconing feature (VERY useful to time sync many endpoints together even if you’re not trying to use classB)
    With release 0.0.9 of the lora-network-server, you can enable beaconing by adding the following config to the lora object in the JSON (edit /var/config/lora/lora-network-server.conf for mLinux, use the http put option for AEP);
    “netID”:”040000″, “beaconDelay”: 0, “beaconInterval”: 128, “beaconPower”: 26
    Note:
    – The netID should match the top 3 bytes of the device address range (“addressRange” object) to be consistant.
    – the beacons sent are US format (even on an EU configured gateway) : should be fixed in next release I am told)
    – the time at which they are sent is NOT sync’d to 1/1/1970 00:00:00 as per the spec but from the process start time (this should be fixed in next release also)
    – the transmission time uses the linux clock, not a GPS input clock.

Hope this might help!

Brian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.