libCurl Version

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model libCurl Version

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heath Schaefer
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to update my version of libCurl on my device. When I check from the command prompt it looks like I have version 7.35. I have checked mLinux packages @ http://www.multitech.net/mlinux/feeds/3.1/arm926ejste/ and it appears to have the same version that I have on my conduit. I am calling the library from my application and I get an SSL error. The company that hosts the website that I’m connecting to have indicated my version of Curl is rather old and the problem may be from a bug in the Curl library because I’m getting intermittent failures.

How could I update my curl version?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Heath,

If you are looking to create an .ipk file to install the newer version of Curl with I would check out the version of mLinux that your Conduit is running from git://git.multitech.net/mlinux.git, build it, and then get the bitbake recipes for the updated version of Curl that you want, add the newer recipe(s) to the meta-mlinux or meta-multitech layer in your local mLinux distro repository, then build curl with bitbake:

bitbake -c compile -f curl

This command will rebuild Curl and should try to use your new recipe. If that builds successfully, remove everything underneath the build directory and rebuild the mLinux factory image:

bitbake mlinux-factory-image

Then, under build/tmp/deploy/ipk/arm926ejste you should find the .ipk file for the new version of libCurl that you built. You can use this .ipk with the opkg command to install the upgraded version of libCurl.

Let us know if you’ve got more questions.

Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.