Java Web Service Client

Home Forums General Java Web Service Client

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

I have a java web service running on my local machine so I can send messages to it from the MultiTech device. I created a Java Web Service Client, but it fails to connect to the web service from the MultiTech device.

I’m receiving the following error when creating an instance of javax.xml.ws.Service:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at java.lang.reflect.VMMethod.invoke(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:327)

at jamvm.java.lang.JarLauncher.main(JarLauncher.java:50)

Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at java.lang.reflect.VMConstructor.construct(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:319)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1154)

at javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:36)

at javax.xml.ws.spi.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:95)

at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.provider(Provider.java:82)

at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:56)

at com.cellcastcorp.cys.ws.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:43)

at com.cellcastcorp.cys.ws.client.CanaryClient.getCanaryServicePort(CanaryClient.java:31)

at com.cellcastcorp.cyn.app.CanaryNodeDaemon.updateCanaryServer(CanaryNodeDaemon.java:182)

at com.cellcastcorp.cyn.app.CanaryNodeDaemon.<init>(CanaryNodeDaemon.java:47)

at com.cellcastcorp.cyn.app.CanaryNodeDaemon.main(CanaryNodeDaemon.java:289)

…2 more

Caused by: java.lang.annotation.AnnotationTypeMismatchException

at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationInvocationHandler.invoke(AnnotationInvocationHandler.java:379)

at $Proxy1.propOrder(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.annotation.XmlTypeQuick.propOrder(XmlTypeQuick.java:40)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ClassInfoImpl.<init>(ClassInfoImpl.java:172)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeClassInfoImpl.<init>(RuntimeClassInfoImpl.java:95)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.createClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:110)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.createClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:81)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getClassInfo(ModelBuilder.java:239)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.getClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:100)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.getClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:81)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getClassInfo(ModelBuilder.java:209)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.getClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:95)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.getClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:81)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getTypeInfo(ModelBuilder.java:315)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getTypeInfo(ModelBuilder.java:330)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:466)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:302)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder.build(JAXBContextImpl.java:1140)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:154)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:121)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:327)

at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:211)

at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:372)

at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:574)

at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:522)

at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl$2.run(ProviderImpl.java:220)

at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl$2.run(ProviderImpl.java:218)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:96)

at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl.getEPRJaxbContext(ProviderImpl.java:217)

at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl.<clinit>(ProviderImpl.java:88)

at java.lang.reflect.VMConstructor.construct(Native Method)

I’m thinking this is an issue with jamVM since I was able to test my call from my development machine without a problem. Do you know of a work around for this issue? Is there another Java VM I can use on the MultiTech device?

Thanks,

Rob

Jesse Gilles
    Blocked

JamVM is the only Java VM that Multi-Tech has tried and tested. It might be possible to use the Cacao VM.

More information is here (some of it old):

http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Java

Rob
    Participant

Thanks Gilles,

I have tried the Cacao VM, but had the same issue. I was able to solve the problem by using OpenJDK-6 and Cacao VM together. You can see the OpenJDK-6 thread in this forum for more detail.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/forums/topic.php?id=98

Regards,

Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.